where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
murat erbas
murat erbas
04:49 Aug-21-1999
earthquake in Turkey

Re: earthquake in Turkey

Dear Sirs,

As you know, there was a great disaster in Turkey in last Tuesday morning 03.02AM.

4 cities demolished 95% where close to Istanbul.

In Istanbul most of the investors, house owners, factories asked us to check their buildings are OK and safe.

Do you know any test method –non destructive test NDT- to measure building rehabilitation situation and safe gradiation?

Because most of the people wants to check their facilities before return to homes and offices.

Please inform me as soon as possible via fax +90.216.3260200 or merbas@garanti.net.tr

In short I am in the thermography business. I make regularly thermal test to factories and have good name in this business in Turkey.

Unfortunity this is a bad opportunity to make business, but life must go on in safe.

As a thermographer, I have electrical engineering degree B.Sc. from technical university of Istanbul

Your early feedback is highly appreciated.

Best regards.

Murat ERBAS

David Lines
David Lines
03:34 Aug-22-1999

:
: Re: earthquake in Turkey

: Dear Sirs,

: As you know, there was a great disaster in Turkey in last Tuesday morning 03.02AM.

: 4 cities demolished 95% where close to Istanbul.

: In Istanbul most of the investors, house owners, factories asked us to check their buildings are OK and safe.

: Do you know any test method –non destructive test NDT- to measure building rehabilitation situation and safe gradiation?

: Because most of the people wants to check their facilities before return to homes and offices.

: Please inform me as soon as possible via fax +90.216.3260200 or merbas@garanti.net.tr

: In short I am in the thermography business. I make regularly thermal test to factories and have good name in this business in Turkey.

: Unfortunity this is a bad opportunity to make business, but life must go on in safe.

: As a thermographer, I have electrical engineering degree B.Sc. from technical university of Istanbul

: Your early feedback is highly appreciated.

: Best regards.

: Murat ERBAS

David Lines
David Lines
03:48 Aug-22-1999
I suggest that you make contact with Prof. Ioan Facaoaru of Romania who presented a paper "Evaluation of Structural Damages in Reinforced Concrete Units Due to Earthquake Action and Repair Optimisation by using Ultrasonic Pulse Technique" at the 2nd International Conference on "Emerging Technologies in NDT" in Athens (24-26 May 1999).

I don't believe that the proceeding have been published yet but the paper seems to be highly relevant to your situation.

There is no phone number in the list of participants but the following is given as his contact address:
Prof. Ioan Facaoaru
Copaceni str.47
BL W3 Sc. C. Ap. 102
74414 BUCURESTI ).P.49
ROMANIA

I am sure you would be able to find out more about how to contact him via the Conference Organiser at the Free University of Brussels (Prof Danny Van Hemelrijck) or the Conference Secretary (Myriam Bourlau on mbourlau@vub.ac.be).

David Lines
:
: Re: earthquake in Turkey

: Dear Sirs,

: As you know, there was a great disaster in Turkey in last Tuesday morning 03.02AM.

: 4 cities demolished 95% where close to Istanbul.

: In Istanbul most of the investors, house owners, factories asked us to check their buildings are OK and safe.

: Do you know any test method –non destructive test NDT- to measure building rehabilitation situation and safe gradiation?

: Because most of the people wants to check their facilities before return to homes and offices.

: Please inform me as soon as possible via fax +90.216.3260200 or merbas@garanti.net.tr

: In short I am in the thermography business. I make regularly thermal test to factories and have good name in this business in Turkey.

: Unfortunity this is a bad opportunity to make business, but life must go on in safe.

: As a thermographer, I have electrical engineering degree B.Sc. from technical university of Istanbul

: Your early feedback is highly appreciated.

: Best regards.

: Murat ERBAS

Product Spotlight

Exertus Dual 120

The Exertus Dual 120 Projector has the ability to accept Iridium 192 sources or Selenium 75 source
s. This projector incorporates design and safety features that make it flexible, compact and lightweight. The Projector is lighter than most of its competitors. It incorporates an improved source channel, based on a new helicoidal design, which makes maintenance easier. The helicoidal design also allows smoother movement of the source assembly inside the device, making it easier for the operator and improving safety. The Projector also has a unique safety feature not found in competitive products. The source assembly locking mechanism is triggered by the source holder capsule at the front of the source assembly, thereby always assuring the operator that the source has returned to the safe position. The Exertus Dual 120 is ISO3999:2004 compliant.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Ceram 35P (Panoramic)

The Ceram 35P is the panoramic brand new portable generators designed by Balteau NDT and is offeri
ng no less than 300kV, 5mA and 100% duty cycle for an incredible image contrast even at full power. It will will surely become a reference as it can be classified as a high power portable unit and can be operated with our CF2000 control unit but also with our well known Hand-X Wireless Remote Control.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s