where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
earthquake in Turkey
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Proceq
Proceq NDT experts introduce the new advanced ultrasonic Proceq Flaw Detector 100. Watch our webinar!

04:49 Aug-21-1999
murat erbas
earthquake in Turkey

Re: earthquake in Turkey

Dear Sirs,

As you know, there was a great disaster in Turkey in last Tuesday morning 03.02AM.

4 cities demolished 95% where close to Istanbul.

In Istanbul most of the investors, house owners, factories asked us to check their buildings are OK and safe.

Do you know any test method –non destructive test NDT- to measure building rehabilitation situation and safe gradiation?

Because most of the people wants to check their facilities before return to homes and offices.

Please inform me as soon as possible via fax +90.216.3260200 or merbas@garanti.net.tr

In short I am in the thermography business. I make regularly thermal test to factories and have good name in this business in Turkey.

Unfortunity this is a bad opportunity to make business, but life must go on in safe.

As a thermographer, I have electrical engineering degree B.Sc. from technical university of Istanbul

Your early feedback is highly appreciated.

Best regards.

Murat ERBAS

03:34 Aug-22-1999
David Lines
Re: earthquake in Turkey
:
: Re: earthquake in Turkey

: Dear Sirs,

: As you know, there was a great disaster in Turkey in last Tuesday morning 03.02AM.

: 4 cities demolished 95% where close to Istanbul.

: In Istanbul most of the investors, house owners, factories asked us to check their buildings are OK and safe.

: Do you know any test method –non destructive test NDT- to measure building rehabilitation situation and safe gradiation?

: Because most of the people wants to check their facilities before return to homes and offices.

: Please inform me as soon as possible via fax +90.216.3260200 or merbas@garanti.net.tr

: In short I am in the thermography business. I make regularly thermal test to factories and have good name in this business in Turkey.

: Unfortunity this is a bad opportunity to make business, but life must go on in safe.

: As a thermographer, I have electrical engineering degree B.Sc. from technical university of Istanbul

: Your early feedback is highly appreciated.

: Best regards.

: Murat ERBAS

03:48 Aug-22-1999
David Lines
Re: earthquake in Turkey I suggest that you make contact with Prof. Ioan Facaoaru of Romania who presented a paper "Evaluation of Structural Damages in Reinforced Concrete Units Due to Earthquake Action and Repair Optimisation by using Ultrasonic Pulse Technique" at the 2nd International Conference on "Emerging Technologies in NDT" in Athens (24-26 May 1999).

I don't believe that the proceeding have been published yet but the paper seems to be highly relevant to your situation.

There is no phone number in the list of participants but the following is given as his contact address:
Prof. Ioan Facaoaru
Copaceni str.47
BL W3 Sc. C. Ap. 102
74414 BUCURESTI ).P.49
ROMANIA

I am sure you would be able to find out more about how to contact him via the Conference Organiser at the Free University of Brussels (Prof Danny Van Hemelrijck) or the Conference Secretary (Myriam Bourlau on mbourlau@vub.ac.be).

David Lines
:
: Re: earthquake in Turkey

: Dear Sirs,

: As you know, there was a great disaster in Turkey in last Tuesday morning 03.02AM.

: 4 cities demolished 95% where close to Istanbul.

: In Istanbul most of the investors, house owners, factories asked us to check their buildings are OK and safe.

: Do you know any test method –non destructive test NDT- to measure building rehabilitation situation and safe gradiation?

: Because most of the people wants to check their facilities before return to homes and offices.

: Please inform me as soon as possible via fax +90.216.3260200 or merbas@garanti.net.tr

: In short I am in the thermography business. I make regularly thermal test to factories and have good name in this business in Turkey.

: Unfortunity this is a bad opportunity to make business, but life must go on in safe.

: As a thermographer, I have electrical engineering degree B.Sc. from technical university of Istanbul

: Your early feedback is highly appreciated.

: Best regards.

: Murat ERBAS

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|