where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
NDT
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

AMDATA Products (WesDyne)
AMDATA is an engineering and technical services firm dedicated to providing standard and custom nondestructive examinations (NDE) products and systems

06:36 Jan-04-2007
gowrishankar
NDT

Hi,
I want to know the sensitivity reduction if you opt waterwashable penetrant testing instead of fluorescent penetrant testing? practically what is reduction in sensitivity seen if we use Magnaflux chemicals.
In aerospace products, because of cleaning problem,we wanted to use water washable technique on machined components. Is it ok as per international standards?

thank you

03:09 Oct-28-2007
test
Re: NDT ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,
: I want to know the sensitivity reduction if you opt waterwashable penetrant testing instead of fluorescent penetrant testing? practically what is reduction in sensitivity seen if we use Magnaflux chemicals.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,
: I want to know the sensitivity reduction if you opt waterwashable penetrant testing instead of fluorescent penetrant testing? practically what is reduction in sensitivity seen if we use Magnaflux chemicals.
: In aerospace products, because of cleaning problem,we wanted to use water washable technique on machined components. Is it ok as per international standards?
: thank you
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|