where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

NT - Nove technologie s.r.o.
Ultrasonic gel for NDT application. Various types of ultrasonic agents. Starsonic SS2, SS3

Technical Discussions
Sunny
Sunny
07:20 Feb-09-2007
UT testing round bars

In round bars as I understand, the defects occur in axial direction. What are the chances of defects in circumferential direction espically near the surface. And for finding such defects, isnt shear wave is the best to be used. I am talking of automated units; no inspection from sides.

Terry
Terry
03:15 Mar-14-2007
Re: UT testing round bars
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: In round bars as I understand, the defects occur in axial direction. What are the chances of defects in circumferential direction espically near the surface. And for finding such defects, isnt shear wave is the best to be used. I am talking of automated units; no inspection from sides.
------------ End Original Message ------------

It depends to some degree on how the bars have been processed and the material being inspected. In our rolled bars we perform normal longitudinal wave inspection for internal defects and typically, circumfrential shear wave inspection for the detection of surface related defects, i.e. seams in an axial direction. However, we sometimes also perform an additional axial shear wave inspection to detect roll tears which most likely will occur in the circumfrential direction. For internal discontinuities, the longitudinal wave mode is probably the best inspection method as discontinuities should occur in the direction of grain flow.

Product Spotlight

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window