where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Auto UT and Digital RT
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

06:41 Feb-11-2007
SK
Auto UT and Digital RT

Does anyone has experience with comparing the quality (sensivity ) of conventional UT and RT with AUT and Digital RT respectively. if we have been doing conventional UT and RT and have gone auto. What steps we need to take to ensure test quality is equal to or exceed the previous procedures.

How far industry has accepted this and is there any serious pit falls. I have had one example from some company they had to get their products re radiographed at another location and that was done manual and revealed some serious defect which were not detected by Digital RT in their own company, especially the ends of the long seam weld of the pipe. Pls share with me if you have any suggesstion? How to transform and how to get people qualified or upgrade from what they are to this process (auto UT and Digital RT)

06:53 Mar-07-2007
colin rawlinson
Re: Auto UT and Digital RT ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Does anyone has experience with comparing the quality (sensivity ) of conventional UT and RT with AUT and Digital RT respectively. if we have been doing conventional UT and RT and have gone auto. What steps we need to take to ensure test quality is equal to or exceed the previous procedures.
: How far industry has accepted this and is there any serious pit falls. I have had one example from some company they had to get their products re radiographed at another location and that was done manual and revealed some serious defect which were not detected by Digital RT in their own company, especially the ends of the long seam weld of the pipe. Pls share with me if you have any suggesstion? How to transform and how to get people qualified or upgrade from what they are to this process (auto UT and Digital RT)
------------ End Original Message ------------

We have developed UT and AUT training that enables RT people to understand AUT using a simulator thatcan be downloaded onto their PC.
Let me know if you would like to know more

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|