where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Gerald
Gerald
00:10 Feb-22-2007
Radiographic trend tracking

Is there any standard methodology for trend tracking of RT film rejection rate. I.E. by the inch of rejectable indication, by the film, or by the seam or other. In particular as they relate to API tanks.

Jimbo
Jimbo
05:24 Feb-24-2007
Re: Radiographic trend tracking
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Is there any standard methodology for trend tracking of RT film rejection rate. I.E. by the inch of rejectable indication, by the film, or by the seam or other. In particular as they relate to API tanks.
------------ End Original Message ------------

In my personal opinion, a repair is a repair. It still costs mooney to fix it. Whether it is a small gas pore or a long LOF, it is still a repair. Some people track it by linear length others by joints.
I track by joints. Divide the repairs by the number of welds radiographed. The gives you the repair rate in perccentage.

Product Spotlight

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window