where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Radiographic trend tracking
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

00:10 Feb-22-2007
Gerald
Radiographic trend tracking

Is there any standard methodology for trend tracking of RT film rejection rate. I.E. by the inch of rejectable indication, by the film, or by the seam or other. In particular as they relate to API tanks.

05:24 Feb-24-2007
Jimbo
Re: Radiographic trend tracking ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Is there any standard methodology for trend tracking of RT film rejection rate. I.E. by the inch of rejectable indication, by the film, or by the seam or other. In particular as they relate to API tanks.
------------ End Original Message ------------

In my personal opinion, a repair is a repair. It still costs mooney to fix it. Whether it is a small gas pore or a long LOF, it is still a repair. Some people track it by linear length others by joints.
I track by joints. Divide the repairs by the number of welds radiographed. The gives you the repair rate in perccentage.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|