where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Gerald
Gerald
00:10 Feb-22-2007
Radiographic trend tracking

Is there any standard methodology for trend tracking of RT film rejection rate. I.E. by the inch of rejectable indication, by the film, or by the seam or other. In particular as they relate to API tanks.

Jimbo
Jimbo
05:24 Feb-24-2007
Re: Radiographic trend tracking
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Is there any standard methodology for trend tracking of RT film rejection rate. I.E. by the inch of rejectable indication, by the film, or by the seam or other. In particular as they relate to API tanks.
------------ End Original Message ------------

In my personal opinion, a repair is a repair. It still costs mooney to fix it. Whether it is a small gas pore or a long LOF, it is still a repair. Some people track it by linear length others by joints.
I track by joints. Divide the repairs by the number of welds radiographed. The gives you the repair rate in perccentage.

Product Spotlight

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Echomac® PA Bar Tester

The Echomac® PA BT provides 100% inspection of round bars for core and surface defects, at speeds u
p to 2 m/sec, depending on the specific application. The unit allows producers to handle a much larger range of diameters in one installation, and is available in 3 models to test 10 – 75mm diameter (small model); 20 – 130mm (medium model) or 50 – 254mm (large model) bars.
>

Ultrasonic Probe Recharacterization Service

NDT Systems offers a comprehensive Aftercare and Recharacterization Service for all our ultrasonic
probes. The Recharacterization Service is fully compliant with International ASTM E1065 Standard Guide (and other applicable standards) and offers complete documentation, traceable to the ASTM E1065 Standard. For more details or to schedule Recharacterization Services contact ndtsales@ndtsystems.com
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window