where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
looking for recent papers on Mmagnetic, thermography and Radiography
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

ZETEC, Inc.
is your Key Supplier of Phased Array UT and Eddy Current Solutions.– Complete and Fully Integrated!

08:18 Sep-14-1999
young-chul jung
looking for recent papers on Mmagnetic, thermography and Radiography

Hi,

I am looking for very recent papers related to reinforced concrete inspection using one of these methods, Magnetic methods, Thermography or Radiography.
Please help me, i need for thesis.

Thank you very much,

04:35 Mar-27-2001
Prabhu
Re: looking for recent papers on Mmagnetic, thermography and Radiography : Hi,

: I am looking for very recent papers related to reinforced composites defect detection using Thermography.
: Please help me, i need for thesis.

: Thank you very much,

03:50 Mar-27-2001

Jaques

NDT Inspector
ULTRASOM Logística Townsend & Rocha Almeida Serviç,
Brazil,
Joined Mar 2001
Re: looking for recent papers on Mmagnetic, thermography and Radiography

: : Hi,
: : I am looking for very recent papers related to reinforced composites defect detection using Thermography.
: : Please help me, i need for thesis.
: : Thank you very much,
.I`m inviting you to visit a nice WebSite at
http://www.termonautas.com.br , there you`ll find so many examples with images; the texts are in portuguese.
Thermaly,
Jaques Townsend
Pernambuco/BRASIL

03:57 Mar-27-2001

Macelo Pinheiro Mendes

Student
Rio de Janeiro Federal University,
Brazil,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: looking for recent papers on Mmagnetic, thermography and Radiography You can look at Royal University of Ghent homepage (English version). It is

http://www.admin.rug.ac.be/Onderzoeksbeleid/techno/english/toegewet/menu.htm

Look at the Department of Mechanical construction and production.

: : Hi,
: : I am looking for very recent papers related to reinforced composites defect detection using Thermography.
: : Please help me, i need for thesis.
: : Thank you very much,

00:25 Mar-29-2001

khalid

Student, researcher
LEI,
Algeria,
Joined Mar 2001
Looking for documentation on KLM Model Hi
I am looking for papers related to the KLM Model. I need to developp a source code for calculating the impuls response of ultrasonic transducers.
Please help me.
Thank you very much

04:15 Mar-29-2001

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Looking for documentation on KLM Model Khalid:
Ultrasonic Transducers, by Maurice Silk (published by Adam Hilger, UK) has information on the KLM model.
Also, there was a commercial software package by George Keilman available some years ago. It was called PiezoCad. I do not know if it is still available.
Ed,

: Hi
: I am looking for papers related to the KLM Model. I need to developp a source code for calculating the impuls response of ultrasonic transducers.
: Please help me.
: Thank you very much

03:34 May-30-2001
George Keilman
Re: Looking for documentation on KLM Model :Khalid:

My company, Sonic Concepts, supplies the PiezoCAD software that is mentioned below. The current release runs under Windows 95/98 and NT/2000. Please let me know if you would like further information.

George Keilman

: Khalid:
: Ultrasonic Transducers, by Maurice Silk (published by Adam Hilger, UK) has information on the KLM model.
: Also, there was a commercial software package by George Keilman available some years ago. It was called PiezoCad. I do not know if it is still available.
: Ed,
: : Hi
: : I am looking for papers related to the KLM Model. I need to developp a source code for calculating the impuls response of ultrasonic transducers.
: : Please help me.
: : Thank you very much
: .

06:29 May-31-2001

Khalid

Student, researcher
LEI,
Algeria,
Joined Mar 2001
Re: Looking for documentation on KLM Model Mr George keilman
I have been looking for some detailled documentation on the KLM MODEL. I need basic equations to build the source program in order to compute the impulse response, impedance and radiated field of plan ultrasonic transducers. I still wait for any help from experts 2 months ago.
Thank you very much for ypur help
: :Khalid:
: My company, Sonic Concepts, supplies the PiezoCAD software that is mentioned below. The current release runs under Windows 95/98 and NT/2000. Please let me know if you would like further information.
: George Keilman
: : Khalid:
: : Ultrasonic Transducers, by Maurice Silk (published by Adam Hilger, UK) has information on the KLM model.
: : Also, there was a commercial software package by George Keilman available some years ago. It was called PiezoCad. I do not know if it is still available.
: : Ed,
: : : Hi
: : : I am looking for papers related to the KLM Model. I need to developp a source code for calculating the impuls response of ultrasonic transducers.
: : : Please help me.
: : : Thank you very much
: : .

01:09 Jan-18-2002

Jean-Luc DION

Engineering
SONERTEC inc.,
Canada,
Joined Jan 2002
Re: Looking for documentation on KLM Model

ly and fruitfully applied to these the analogy with transmission line computations and same remarkable basic work done by French engineers in the years 1970-80 (*).

The particular method which I developed with my students at the time evolved from my conceptual unsatisfaction with the Mason, Redwood and, later, the so-called « KLM » models where the energy is fed at the center of a line representing a vibrating piezoelectric plate.

When the differential equation for acoustic wave propagation in a piezoelectric plate is examined, it is easily seen that the piezoelectric stresses are proportional to the –slope-- of the electric field in the material (dE/dz). And this slope is infinite at the faces, on the electrodes ! This fact inspired me to imagine a new graphic model where the sources of stress are at the ends of an electric line analog.

Then, combining the « Coursant » equation set with my approach to the electric line propagation analogy, we could derive some simple rigourous formulas to computeacoustic velocities, electric impedances, etc. Furthermore, using the superposition principle a simple and rigourous computation method for multilayered transducers was devised for any number of active or passive layers. The method was successfully verified for systems WITH MORE THAN 20 LAYERS as can be seen in our publications (**)… The method exposed in these papers can be readily applied with good results in any case where the transverse dimensions are several times larger than the length.

Comments are welcome !

Jean-Luc DION, ing., D. Sc. (eng., Ph. D)
Trois-Rivères
QUÉBEC

(*)
-- R.H. COURSANT, « Les transducteurs ultrasonores », Acta Electronica, vol. 22, no. 2, 129-141, 1979.
-- C. MÉQUIO, R.H. COURSANT and P. PESQUÉ, « Simulation de la réponse acousto-électrique de structures piézoélectriques au moyen d’un algorithme de transformée rapide », Acta Electronica, vol. 25, no. 4, 311-323, 1983.

(**)
-- DION, J.L., CORNIELES, E., GALINDO, F. et AGBOSSOU, K., «Exact one-dimensional computation of ultrasonic interferometers, transducers or resonators with several piezoelectric elements and passive layers using the transmission line analogy», IEEE Trans. on Ultrasonics, Ferroel. Freq. Ctrol., Special Issue on Ultrasonic Transducers, Special issue on ultrasonic transducers, vol. 44, no 5 (1997), 1120-1131.

-- DION, Jean-Luc et CORNIELES, Ernesto, «Méthode d’analyse monodimensionnelle d’un résonateur ultrasonore à couches multiples basée sur l’analogie des lignes électriques», Journal de Physique IV, Coll. C5, suppl. J. Phys. III, vol. 4, mai 1994, C5/319-322.

-- DION, Jean-Luc, «New transmission line analogy applied to single and multi-layered piezoelectric transducers», IEEE Trans. on Ultrasonics, Ferroel. Freq. Ctrol, , v. 40, nº 5 (1993), p. 577-583.

01:15 Jan-18-2002

Jean-Luc DION

Engineering
SONERTEC inc.,
Canada,
Joined Jan 2002
Re: Looking for documentation on KLM Model
Here, I simply want to make a correction to the name of my city (a "i" was missing) :

: Trois-Rivières <-----
: QUÉBEC
: (*)
: -- R.H. COURSANT, « Les transducteurs ultrasonores », Acta Electronica, vol. 22, no. 2, 129-141, 1979.
: -- C. MÉQUIO, R.H. COURSANT and P. PESQUÉ, « Simulation de la réponse acousto-électrique de structures piézoélectriques au moyen d’un algorithme de transformée rapide », Acta Electronica, vol. 25, no. 4, 311-323, 1983.
: (**)
: -- DION, J.L., CORNIELES, E., GALINDO, F. et AGBOSSOU, K., «Exact one-dimensional computation of ultrasonic interferometers, transducers or resonators with several piezoelectric elements and passive layers using the transmission line analogy», IEEE Trans. on Ultrasonics, Ferroel. Freq. Ctrol., Special Issue on Ultrasonic Transducers, Special issue on ultrasonic transducers, vol. 44, no 5 (1997), 1120-1131.
: -- DION, Jean-Luc et CORNIELES, Ernesto, «Méthode d’analyse monodimensionnelle d’un résonateur ultrasonore à couches multiples basée sur l’analogie des lignes électriques», Journal de Physique IV, Coll. C5, suppl. J. Phys. III, vol. 4, mai 1994, C5/319-322.
: -- DION, Jean-Luc, «New transmission line analogy applied to single and multi-layered piezoelectric transducers», IEEE Trans. on Ultrasonics, Ferroel. Freq. Ctrol, , v. 40, nº 5 (1993), p. 577-583.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|