where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Corrosion thickness measurement
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

00:33 Mar-01-2007
Ben Bradley
Corrosion thickness measurement

I am currently researching ultrasound instruments to be used for thickness measurement of corroded steel plate. I was wondering if anyone can recommend any particular instruments that are good at this application? Robustness, ease of use, repeatability and reliability are all very important in this case.

04:45 Mar-01-2007

Tom Nelligan

Engineering,
retired,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Corrosion thickness measurement There are many, many companies in that market, including mine. Here's a link to a detailed application note on the subject of ultrasonic corrosion gaging that includes links to data sheets on the various gages available in the Panametrics-NDT line from Olympus NDT.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am currently researching ultrasound instruments to be used for thickness measurement of corroded steel plate. I was wondering if anyone can recommend any particular instruments that are good at this application? Robustness, ease of use, repeatability and reliability are all very important in this case.
------------ End Original Message ------------

09:03 Mar-06-2007
Simon Amallraja
Re: Corrosion thickness measurement ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am currently researching ultrasound instruments to be used for thickness measurement of corroded steel plate. I was wondering if anyone can recommend any particular instruments that are good at this application? Robustness, ease of use, repeatability and reliability are all very important in this case.

If you are looking for point measurement, you can use Corrosion Gages. You can look into Panametrics, Sonatest, KK, Danatronics etc and many more.

If you are looking for continuous mapping with data verification, speed and analysis, manufacturer's like NDT Solutions, Force Technology will help you.

You need to give more details to recommend suitable products for your application.

D.Simon Amallraja.

06:00 Mar-07-2007
AGUSTIN JIMENEZ
Re: Corrosion thickness measurement I RECOMMEND THE DMS 2 B-SCAN WITH PROBE HT 450WT OR FH2E.
I HAVE USED IT EQUIPMENT MANY TIME IS VERY EFFECTIVE.

07:17 Mar-07-2007

Phil Thayer

Sales, -
MISTRAS Products & Systems,
USA,
Joined Feb 2002
Re: Corrosion thickness measurement Please go to ndtautomation.com. We have released the Pocket UT, hand held A,B and C-Scan system. Will perform a B-scan for corrossion mapping. Weighs less then 2 pounds. Compatible with most all encoded scans and can even control 2 axis motorized scanners. Should be perfect for your application.

Phil Thayer
609-716-4051

: I RECOMMEND THE DMS 2 B-SCAN WITH PROBE HT 450WT OR FH2E.
: I HAVE USED IT EQUIPMENT MANY TIME IS VERY EFFECTIVE.
: : I am currently researching ultrasound instruments to be used for thickness measurement of corroded steel plate. I was wondering if anyone can recommend any particular instruments that are good at this application? Robustness, ease of use, repeatability and reliability are all very important in this case.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|