where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Protection of Nucleonic Guages
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

FOMA Bohemia Ltd.
FOMA Bohemia is a traditional producer of industrial radiographic films INDUX and related accessories.

06:18 Mar-29-2007
Khaja
Protection of Nucleonic Guages

Hi NDTers,
Does anybody has experience about how to protect nucleonic gauges from tripping while radiography is carried out in the vicinity. I guess all who wrok in refinery has experienced this problem. Most of the time they are put on defeat, but some cant be put on bypass and that is making tougher for radiography. Especially in profile radiography which often neds higher energy radiation.
If anyone has experience, pls help me. Thanks in advance

07:03 Mar-29-2007
Jim Knowles
Re: Protection of Nucleonic Guages ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi NDTers,
: Does anybody has experience about how to protect nucleonic gauges from tripping while radiography is carried out in the vicinity. I guess all who wrok in refinery has experienced this problem. Most of the time they are put on defeat, but some cant be put on bypass and that is making tougher for radiography. Especially in profile radiography which often neds higher energy radiation.
: If anyone has experience, pls help me. Thanks in advance
------------ End Original Message ------------

The gauge needs to be left in service whilst radiography is undertaken, otherwise the plant has to re-set the system if it trips.
We ahve used a small purpose made lead (Pb) bonnet to slip over the sensor during the exposure.
this is held in place by adhesive tape.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|