where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
C. Truskolasky
Test Examiner Mil-2132, Level III
Lehigh Heavy Forge, USA, Joined Jan 2007, 10

C. Truskolasky

Test Examiner Mil-2132, Level III
Lehigh Heavy Forge,
USA,
Joined Jan 2007
03:31 Apr-06-2007
Ultrasonic Probe Holders

I'm looking for a manufacturer of probe holders or devices that would hold Krautkramer style transducers on the surface of large cylindrical forgings for mechanized scanning. The cylindrical forging is rotated in a lathe, while the holder is attached to a moving carriage. Presently I am using gimbal style holders that need to be replaced due to wear and breakage.

Fred Beck
Fred Beck
03:55 Apr-09-2007
Re: Ultrasonic Probe Holders
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm looking for a manufacturer of probe holders or devices that would hold Krautkramer style transducers on the surface of large cylindrical forgings for mechanized scanning. The cylindrical forging is rotated in a lathe, while the holder is attached to a moving carriage. Presently I am using gimbal style holders that need to be replaced due to wear and breakage.
------------ End Original Message ------------

TACTIC manufactures several different styles of "coupling shoes" which might be adapted for your system. Some of these shoes are shown on our web site. A link is provided. Or contact me at tactictest@aol.com.

Product Spotlight

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window