where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Ultrasonic Probe Holders
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Lizard NDE Ltd
Lizard NDE Ltd- Home of the Lizard FGI electro-magnetic array technology

03:31 Apr-06-2007

C. Truskolasky

Test Examiner Mil-2132, Level III
Lehigh Heavy Forge,
USA,
Joined Jan 2007
Ultrasonic Probe Holders

I'm looking for a manufacturer of probe holders or devices that would hold Krautkramer style transducers on the surface of large cylindrical forgings for mechanized scanning. The cylindrical forging is rotated in a lathe, while the holder is attached to a moving carriage. Presently I am using gimbal style holders that need to be replaced due to wear and breakage.

03:55 Apr-09-2007
Fred Beck
Re: Ultrasonic Probe Holders ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm looking for a manufacturer of probe holders or devices that would hold Krautkramer style transducers on the surface of large cylindrical forgings for mechanized scanning. The cylindrical forging is rotated in a lathe, while the holder is attached to a moving carriage. Presently I am using gimbal style holders that need to be replaced due to wear and breakage.
------------ End Original Message ------------

TACTIC manufactures several different styles of "coupling shoes" which might be adapted for your system. Some of these shoes are shown on our web site. A link is provided. Or contact me at tactictest@aol.com.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|