where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
C. Truskolasky
Test Examiner Mil-2132, Level III
Lehigh Heavy Forge, USA, Joined Jan 2007, 10

C. Truskolasky

Test Examiner Mil-2132, Level III
Lehigh Heavy Forge,
USA,
Joined Jan 2007
03:31 Apr-06-2007
Ultrasonic Probe Holders

I'm looking for a manufacturer of probe holders or devices that would hold Krautkramer style transducers on the surface of large cylindrical forgings for mechanized scanning. The cylindrical forging is rotated in a lathe, while the holder is attached to a moving carriage. Presently I am using gimbal style holders that need to be replaced due to wear and breakage.

Fred Beck
Fred Beck
03:55 Apr-09-2007
Re: Ultrasonic Probe Holders
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm looking for a manufacturer of probe holders or devices that would hold Krautkramer style transducers on the surface of large cylindrical forgings for mechanized scanning. The cylindrical forging is rotated in a lathe, while the holder is attached to a moving carriage. Presently I am using gimbal style holders that need to be replaced due to wear and breakage.
------------ End Original Message ------------

TACTIC manufactures several different styles of "coupling shoes" which might be adapted for your system. Some of these shoes are shown on our web site. A link is provided. Or contact me at tactictest@aol.com.

Product Spotlight

Webinar: FMC & Advanced Focusing Techniques for Improved Ultrasonic Inspections

Phased array ultrasound is now a commonly accepted inspection technology. Now there is excitement ar
ound new techniques in Phased Array: Full Matrix Capture (FMC) & Total Focusing Method (TFM). Our webinar on December 5 & 6 will illustrate how these techniques, implemented on a TOPAZ64 instrument, can improve the results of existing inspections. Register today.
>

GEKKO, Standard and Advanced phased-array for Easier inspection

With a 64-channel parallel architecture, GEKKO is a flaw detector offering at the same time conven
tional UT, standard PAUT, TOFD and real-time Total Focusing Method (TFM). GEKKO improves the detection, with better defects characterization and sizing as well as for misoriented defects. Some procedures require standard UT, others TOFD or PA. GEKKO includes all these techniques to offer a versatile and field-ready equipment. - 64:64 parallel channels - + 4 additional TOFD - Conventional UT channels - International code compliance: ASME, AWS, API, ASTM, ISO-EN Watch the video: https://youtu.be/kuEY_RwWS3Q
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s