where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Debdutta Mallik
Consultant,
Malaysia, Joined Jun 2005, 37

Debdutta Mallik

Consultant,
Malaysia,
Joined Jun 2005
04:55 Apr-23-2007
UT of Rail

Can anybody discuss about online and manual ultrasonic testing of rail.It'll be a big help for me.

s chris
s chris
05:50 Apr-26-2007
Re: UT of Rail
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can anybody discuss about online and manual ultrasonic testing of rail.It'll be a big help for me.
------------ End Original Message ------------

is this ut of rail or ut of rail welds?

Debdutta Mallik
Consultant,
Malaysia, Joined Jun 2005, 37

Debdutta Mallik

Consultant,
Malaysia,
Joined Jun 2005
06:09 Apr-26-2007
UT of Rail
Thanks Chris.This is Ultrasonic testing of rails at manufacturing stage.If you have information about UT of flash butt welded rails(i.e. after welding) that'll be also big support for me.

Thanks,

Debdutta MAllik

s chris
s chris
00:03 Apr-26-2007
Re: UT of Rail
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Thanks Chris.This is Ultrasonic testing of rails at manufacturing stage.If you have information about UT of flash butt welded rails(i.e. after welding) that'll be also big support for me.
: Thanks,
:
: Debdutta MAllik
------------ End Original Message ------------

i've only performed ut on rail welds (thermite). the procedure i wrote was based on API-RP-2X, & ASME V. these welds are more like a cast weld. what we did was cut a sample of rail with a weld that passed RT, used a half v, full v and 1.5 v for distance cal. side drilled 1/16" holes and a dac curve for acceptance. if i remember correctly, the area of inspection was only in the top head and web of the rail. hope this helps

Product Spotlight

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window