where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON Copenhagen
YXLON Copenhagen is a highly specialized, award winning Danish company with 60 years of experience in portable X-ray solutions for industrial NDT.

Technical Discussions
Debdutta Mallik
Consultant,
Malaysia, Joined Jun 2005, 37

Debdutta Mallik

Consultant,
Malaysia,
Joined Jun 2005
04:55 Apr-23-2007
UT of Rail

Can anybody discuss about online and manual ultrasonic testing of rail.It'll be a big help for me.

s chris
s chris
05:50 Apr-26-2007
Re: UT of Rail
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can anybody discuss about online and manual ultrasonic testing of rail.It'll be a big help for me.
------------ End Original Message ------------

is this ut of rail or ut of rail welds?

Debdutta Mallik
Consultant,
Malaysia, Joined Jun 2005, 37

Debdutta Mallik

Consultant,
Malaysia,
Joined Jun 2005
06:09 Apr-26-2007
UT of Rail
Thanks Chris.This is Ultrasonic testing of rails at manufacturing stage.If you have information about UT of flash butt welded rails(i.e. after welding) that'll be also big support for me.

Thanks,

Debdutta MAllik

s chris
s chris
00:03 Apr-26-2007
Re: UT of Rail
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Thanks Chris.This is Ultrasonic testing of rails at manufacturing stage.If you have information about UT of flash butt welded rails(i.e. after welding) that'll be also big support for me.
: Thanks,
:
: Debdutta MAllik
------------ End Original Message ------------

i've only performed ut on rail welds (thermite). the procedure i wrote was based on API-RP-2X, & ASME V. these welds are more like a cast weld. what we did was cut a sample of rail with a weld that passed RT, used a half v, full v and 1.5 v for distance cal. side drilled 1/16" holes and a dac curve for acceptance. if i remember correctly, the area of inspection was only in the top head and web of the rail. hope this helps

Product Spotlight

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

iProbe - USB 32:64 Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window