where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Garrett
Garrett
03:53 May-30-2007
UT for steam traps

I'm looking into purchasing an ultrasonic testing device to test for failure in steam traps. Where should I look for more info? What manufacturers are recommended for such a device? thanks

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 519

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
00:16 May-31-2007
Re: UT for steam traps
HI Garrett

We can supply this equipment.

Plesae check the relevant web page

www.sonatest.com/soundscan

Whereabouts are you in the world? I will have our local rep send you a proposal..
All the best

Joe Buckley
Sonatest Ltd.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm looking into purchasing an ultrasonic testing device to test for failure in steam traps. Where should I look for more info? What manufacturers are recommended for such a device? thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

Garrett
Garrett
08:47 May-31-2007
Re: UT for steam traps
I'm based in New York City. I would be interested to learn more about the equipment you've mentioned

Product Spotlight

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window