where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

TecScan Systems
We offer a complete line of NDT scanners, Immersion Tanks & Gantry systems which incorporate Ultrasonic, Phased Array & Eddy Current technologies.

Technical Discussions
reyrons
NDT Inspector
NDTI, Brunei, Joined Jun 2007, 1

reyrons

NDT Inspector
NDTI,
Brunei,
Joined Jun 2007
03:30 Jun-04-2007
Confuse with AWS Class X UT acceptance criteria

Hi to all. I'm doin UT on tubular structures using Class X acceptance criteria. Just want 2 check if my interpretation is correct. The case is If weld thk is 12mm, discontinuity height of 3mm located at root region. What is the max allowable individual length? Which height will I use on Fig 6.8? Is it (a) 1/4 (6mm) or Tw/4 which has a limit of up to 12mm length, or the other (b) 1/8 (3mm) which has a limit of 50mm? I'm confuse coz Tw/4 is also equal to 3mm on this case.

Thanks for the help.

Product Spotlight

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

Ultrasonic Flaw Detector & Thickness Gauge: Smartor

SIUI’s newly launched Smartor is a combination of ultrasonic testing and ultrasonic thickness me
asurement. ●IP 66 ●Compact size: 198 (W)* 128 (H) *520 (D) mm ●0.9kg only with battery ●5.7" LCD with high resolution 640×480 pixels ●One-hand operation ●Multiple conventional UT functions ●Smart Test Wizard ●Weld Simulation
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window