where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

EKOSCAN
EKOSCAN is a French manufacturer specialized in equipment for ultrasonic Non Destructive Testing: Probes,UT boards & Scanners tailored for your needs
Technical Discussions
Doo Chul Park
Doo Chul Park
03:02 Nov-04-1999
Non-contact Ultrasonic Scanner

I'm looking for non-contact ultrasonic scanning system for
3D imagining. I want to make 3D image of bones by means of auto scanning.
0.1mm resolution can be allowd.
Please help me to find non-contact ultrasonic scanning system.
Any comment will be appriciated.
Thank you!

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz
09:54 Nov-04-1999
Re: Non-contact Ultrasonic Scanner
: I'm looking for non-contact ultrasonic scanning system for
: 3D imagining. I want to make 3D image of bones by means of auto scanning.
: 0.1mm resolution can be allowd.
: Please help me to find non-contact ultrasonic scanning system.
: Any comment will be appriciated.
: Thank you!

Dear Sir,

little time ago we made a study, where we examinated the possibilities of enhancing medical imaging
by the use of tomographic methods. For this we builted up a experimental setup, where we scanned
a test object, exposed in a water tank by different directions using a normal 7,5 MHz medical scanner
(a linear array). With the reference of angular direction and position of the test object in correspon-
dence to the scanner we calculated a new image by tomographic methods.
Thus we obtaned a much higher aperture, minimizing speckle and other ultrasonic artefacts.
The test object was a Agar-Agar-phantom with embedded small kidney stones.
As you can see in our sample image, even the smallest stones are now visible.

As I could not attach the image by the form of the NDT.net forum (it is not possible to attach a simple
file) I will send it by a separate e-mail.
I will send the image also to everyone peron, which is interested in.

If you has interest in a cooperation for building up a ultrasonic tomography system following
your special needs, don`t hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz.

Wieslaw Bicz
Wieslaw Bicz
01:45 Nov-04-1999
Re: Non-contact Ultrasonic Scanner
: I'm looking for non-contact ultrasonic scanning system for
: 3D imagining. I want to make 3D image of bones by means of auto scanning.
: 0.1mm resolution can be allowd.
: Please help me to find non-contact ultrasonic scanning system.
: Any comment will be appriciated.
: Thank you!

If you can accept, that your bone will be measured in water and measuring time of about 30 second - 1 minute (for each side of the bone) - we can sell you such scanner.
Resolution will be probably even higher (0.01mm are possible).

The price will be 27,000 Euro. It is possible to make such a scanner working very quickly (in real time), but the price for the first device must be higher (about 40,000 Euro)

Regards

Wieslaw Bicz

(http://www.optel.com.pl)

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window