where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
SATISH NAIR
SATISH NAIR
07:15 Nov-05-1999
ultrasonic testing[manual]

Please send me a detailed procedure for testing of carbon steel to inconel clad double V butt welds

Michael Trinidad
Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd , Australia, Joined Jan 2003, 138

Michael Trinidad

Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd ,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
07:20 Nov-11-1999
Re: ultrasonic testing[manual]
: Please send me a detailed procedure for testing of carbon steel to inconel clad double V butt welds

What you ask is not as straight forward as you may think. My opinion is that you will have to have a sample of the weld with either real or artificial defects to write such a procedure in the first place. the test piece you manufacture is then used as the calibration piece for the actual test.

I doubt anyone can give you a procedure as unless the material, weld type, size etc are identical the procedure would be worthless.

Kind regards

Michael Trinidad

Ing. Manuel Haces Valdez
Ing. Manuel Haces Valdez
08:15 Nov-11-1999
: Please send me a detailed procedure for testing of carbon steel to inconel clad double V butt welds

I think it is better to have a sample in order to simulate
defects and star to work with the equipment UT or any other
and after that, we can write down the preliminary tought
of a procedure.

I can write for you the procedure if your send the samples
and if you send the criterion on the accept-reject dimension
of defect.

Best regars

Jeffrey Andrews
Jeffrey Andrews
00:29 May-14-2002
: Please send me a detailed procedure for testing of carbon steel to inconel clad double V butt welds.

thanx

Product Spotlight

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

TOPAZ® 64: Fully Integrated Portable 64 Channel PAUT Instrument with FMC & TFM

Introducing TOPAZ64, the industry’s most intelligent fully integrated, portable 64-channel phased
array ultrasound (UT) instrument. TOPAZ64 combines code-compliant phased array UT with the industry’s most advanced full matrix capture (FMC) and total focusing method (TFM) capabilities. Featuring the highest acquisition frequency in its class, high resolution FMC and a 12” multi-touchscreen, users can easily visualize even the smallest flaws. TOPAZ64 can generate a bipolar pulse that provides more acoustic energy versus previous models for punching through thick components. The result is a portable tool that delivers increased inspection coverage, more accurate signals, and the ability to handle all UT inspections in one package. TOPAZ64 is ideal for challenging applications in transportation, oil and gas, manufacturing and power generation.
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window