where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Ultrasonic Sciences Ltd
We specialize in the design and manufacture of automated and semi-automated ultrasonic testing systems, including multi axis, multi channels systems and phased array electronics.
Technical Discussions
SATISH NAIR
SATISH NAIR
07:15 Nov-05-1999
ultrasonic testing[manual]

Please send me a detailed procedure for testing of carbon steel to inconel clad double V butt welds

Michael Trinidad
Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd , Australia, Joined Jan 2003, 138

Michael Trinidad

Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd ,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
07:20 Nov-11-1999
Re: ultrasonic testing[manual]
: Please send me a detailed procedure for testing of carbon steel to inconel clad double V butt welds

What you ask is not as straight forward as you may think. My opinion is that you will have to have a sample of the weld with either real or artificial defects to write such a procedure in the first place. the test piece you manufacture is then used as the calibration piece for the actual test.

I doubt anyone can give you a procedure as unless the material, weld type, size etc are identical the procedure would be worthless.

Kind regards

Michael Trinidad

Ing. Manuel Haces Valdez
Ing. Manuel Haces Valdez
08:15 Nov-11-1999
: Please send me a detailed procedure for testing of carbon steel to inconel clad double V butt welds

I think it is better to have a sample in order to simulate
defects and star to work with the equipment UT or any other
and after that, we can write down the preliminary tought
of a procedure.

I can write for you the procedure if your send the samples
and if you send the criterion on the accept-reject dimension
of defect.

Best regars

Jeffrey Andrews
Jeffrey Andrews
00:29 May-14-2002
: Please send me a detailed procedure for testing of carbon steel to inconel clad double V butt welds.

thanx

Product Spotlight

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

OmniScan™ X3 flaw detector

The OmniScan X3 flaw detector is a complete phased array toolbox. Powerful tools, like total focus
ing method (TFM) images and advanced visualization capabilities, enable you to complete your inspection with greater confidence.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window