where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

VOGT Ultrasonics GmbH
non-destructive testing, services, training, ultrasonic systems, immersion and squirter inspection systems, PROline, digital radiology
Technical Discussions
Dinev
Dinev
03:57 Nov-12-1999
Message.

As with accuracy to measure of factor of absorption and speed of a sound in a liquid. For example milk.

Jean Paul van Cuyck
Director
A2MS, Applied Acoustics, Materials and Systems, France, Joined Nov 1998, 13

Jean Paul van Cuyck

Director
A2MS, Applied Acoustics, Materials and Systems,
France,
Joined Nov 1998
05:58 Nov-13-1999
Re: Message.
: As with accuracy to measure of factor of absorption and speed of a sound in a liquid. For example milk.

If I understand well, your request is the precision we
can expect for sound speed meausrement and sound attenuation.

This value is dependant of your experimental setup,
electronics performances, and dimension measurement accuracy.

usually 1/100, we can expect 1/1000 m/s accuracy in ultrasonics speed
measurement with higth precaution procedure.

The attenuation accuracy depend on the same parameters
and also frequency use. For materials with higth
attenuation You can't perform the soound propagation
on big length, so your accuracy is limited.

Can you precise your application, please

J.P. van Cuyck

A2MS, Applied Acoustics, Materials and Systems
"Le Grand Luminy",
Luminy Scientific Park
13 288 Marseilles Cedex
France
Tel +33 491 828 494
Fax +33 491 828 485

Dr. Amos Mizrach
Engineering, R&D
Institute of Agricultural Engineering - The Volcani Center, Israel, Joined Oct 1999, 3

Dr. Amos Mizrach

Engineering, R&D
Institute of Agricultural Engineering - The Volcani Center,
Israel,
Joined Oct 1999
09:28 Nov-14-1999
absoption and speed of sound in milk.
: As with accuracy to measure of factor of absorption and speed of a sound in a liquid. For example milk.

This subject is interesting for me (especially wave sound in milk).
I'll be glad to get further information about applications of ultrasound in sound measurements in MILK.
Is someone manufacturing such equipment?
Thanks

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1268

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
08:44 Nov-14-1999
Re: absoption and speed of sound in milk.
An associate of mine, Dr. N.D.Patel, has made a system specifically for acoustic velocity and
attenuation measurements.
He has done measurement with milk and it can measure one drop of milk in 50 drops of water.
Important is that velocity is also function of temperature and thus we can use comparator
measurement and we should be able to measure very accurately. There is quite difference in 1%,
2 %, Homo and lactose free milk. The system can measure with 50 picosec accuracy.
Dr. Patel's email is fallon@netcom.ca

: : As with accuracy to measure of factor of absorption and speed of a sound in a liquid. For example milk.

: This subject is interesting for me (especially wave sound in milk).
: I'll be glad to get further information about applications of ultrasound in sound measurements in MILK.
: Is someone manufacturing such equipment?
: Thanks

Pim van Andel
Pim van Andel
00:09 Nov-15-1999
Re: absoption and speed of sound in milk.
: : As with accuracy to measure of factor of absorption and speed of a sound in a liquid. For example milk.

: This subject is interesting for me (especially wave sound in milk).
: I'll be glad to get further information about applications of ultrasound in sound measurements in MILK.
: Is someone manufacturing such equipment?
: Thanks

Take a look at www.rhosonics.nl
They have equipment and sensors for in-line measurements.
The ultrasonic sensor has a build in temperature sensor
that is realy needed for high accuracy concentration measurements with temperature compensation.

Product Spotlight

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window