where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Turkmen
Turkmen
06:29 Jun-29-2007
RT is necessary?

Dear All,

Because the number of the joints those are likely to fail in RT, I will choose not to shoot the joints in an atmospheric (gravity) line
if there is any reference that might help me to avoid from shooting the joints. The line is CS and it shouldn't be a problem if you have a lack of fusion or incomplete penetration etc. as long as the line does not work under pressure.

Your comments are appreciated.

Turkmen TARI

Collin Maloney
NDT Inspector, - Plant Inspector
Applus RTD, Australia, Joined Nov 2000, 147

Collin Maloney

NDT Inspector, - Plant Inspector
Applus RTD,
Australia,
Joined Nov 2000
07:25 Jun-29-2007
Re: RT is necessary?
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear All,
: Because the number of the joints those are likely to fail in RT, I will choose not to shoot the joints in an atmospheric (gravity) line
: if there is any reference that might help me to avoid from shooting the joints. The line is CS and it shouldn't be a problem if you have a lack of fusion or incomplete penetration etc. as long as the line does not work under pressure.
: Your comments are appreciated.
: Turkmen TARI
------------ End Original Message ------------

The decision to perform NDT is the result of the design engineering, service and code requirements.
If this line is a drain, for arguement, with an open end then your designers should have specified the extent of NDT, usually as 0% unless you want to undertake inspection to satisfy an internal quality requirement (as part of your ISO system etc).
If however there might be a requirement in the future to change the service conditions i.e. place into pressure service then NDT performed to the required service is wise i.e ASME B31.3 - 5% for Normal Fluid Service.

Hope I havent confused you.

Turkmen
Turkmen
06:05 Jun-29-2007
Re: RT is necessary?
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Dear All,
: : Because the number of the joints those are likely to fail in RT, I will choose not to shoot the joints in an atmospheric (gravity) line
: : if there is any reference that might help me to avoid from shooting the joints. The line is CS and it shouldn't be a problem if you have a lack of fusion or incomplete penetration etc. as long as the line does not work under pressure.
: : Your comments are appreciated.
: : Turkmen TARI
: The decision to perform NDT is the result of the design engineering, service and code requirements.
: If this line is a drain, for arguement, with an open end then your designers should have specified the extent of NDT, usually as 0% unless you want to undertake inspection to satisfy an internal quality requirement (as part of your ISO system etc).
: If however there might be a requirement in the future to change the service conditions i.e. place into pressure service then NDT performed to the required service is wise i.e ASME B31.3 - 5% for Normal Fluid Service.
: Hope I havent confused you.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Thank you very much for the reply, think I will issue a concession request to ask the client relieve us from performing RT on those joints.

Thanks again.

Product Spotlight

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window