where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
effect of temperature on AE
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

STARMANS elctronics, s. r.o.
STARMANS is the Central European leading producer of industrial measuring, detecting and combined equipments for non-destructive testing

01:50 Jul-02-2007
Dahmene
effect of temperature on AE

I need information about the effect of temperature on acoustic emission ( velocity, attenuation). i have found only one article from Mr ONO.
have anyone idea about this subject and where can i find information.

thanks,

04:53 Oct-23-2007
Alireza Javadian
Re: effect of temperature on AE ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I need information about the effect of temperature on acoustic emission ( velocity, attenuation). i have found only one article from Mr ONO.
: have anyone idea about this subject and where can i find information.
: thanks,
------------ End Original Message ------------

Also I want to know that this method can be used for materials in furnaces at high temperatures
Regards.

06:57 Oct-23-2007
Jens Forker
Re: effect of temperature on AE Hi,
with increasing temperature velocity usually goes down and attenuation increases.
For measurements in a furnace you either need high-temp sensors (e.g. up to 500°C) or so-called waveguides (e.g. a strong wire) which are acoustically coupled to your sample and transfer the waves out of the furnace that you can pick them up with standard sensors at room temperature.
regards
Jens

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : I need information about the effect of temperature on acoustic emission ( velocity, attenuation). i have found only one article from Mr ONO.
: : have anyone idea about this subject and where can i find information.
: : thanks,
: Also I want to know that this method can be used for materials in furnaces at high temperatures
: Regards.
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|