where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON Copenhagen
YXLON Copenhagen is a highly specialized, award winning Danish company with 60 years of experience in portable X-ray solutions for industrial NDT.

Technical Discussions
Dahmene
Dahmene
01:50 Jul-02-2007
effect of temperature on AE

I need information about the effect of temperature on acoustic emission ( velocity, attenuation). i have found only one article from Mr ONO.
have anyone idea about this subject and where can i find information.

thanks,

Alireza Javadian
Alireza Javadian
04:53 Oct-23-2007
Re: effect of temperature on AE
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I need information about the effect of temperature on acoustic emission ( velocity, attenuation). i have found only one article from Mr ONO.
: have anyone idea about this subject and where can i find information.
: thanks,
------------ End Original Message ------------

Also I want to know that this method can be used for materials in furnaces at high temperatures
Regards.

Jens Forker
Jens Forker
06:57 Oct-23-2007
Re: effect of temperature on AE
Hi,
with increasing temperature velocity usually goes down and attenuation increases.
For measurements in a furnace you either need high-temp sensors (e.g. up to 500°C) or so-called waveguides (e.g. a strong wire) which are acoustically coupled to your sample and transfer the waves out of the furnace that you can pick them up with standard sensors at room temperature.
regards
Jens

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : I need information about the effect of temperature on acoustic emission ( velocity, attenuation). i have found only one article from Mr ONO.
: : have anyone idea about this subject and where can i find information.
: : thanks,
: Also I want to know that this method can be used for materials in furnaces at high temperatures
: Regards.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

35 years of VOGT Ultrasonics!

This year we are celebrating a company anniversary! 35 years have passed since we first took our t
est device and swung the probe on behalf of safety. But our ultrasonic know-how goes back many years..
>

Digital Radiography for Concrete Inspection

In the construction industry (buildings, bridges) there is a need for fast non- destructive means,
most commonly to locate targets (Pipes, Re-bars, Conduit, Fittings etc.) within concrete structures prior to drilling, cutting or coring. Measuring reinforcements is also performed for static calculations and to detect corrosion problems and damages. Cracks and voids can also be visualized. The examinations are not only restricted to concrete constructions; they can also be applied to reinforced masonry made of natural stones or bricks.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high perf
ormance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Ceram 35P (Panoramic)

The Ceram 35P is the panoramic brand new portable generators designed by Balteau NDT and is offeri
ng no less than 300kV, 5mA and 100% duty cycle for an incredible image contrast even at full power. It will will surely become a reference as it can be classified as a high power portable unit and can be operated with our CF2000 control unit but also with our well known Hand-X Wireless Remote Control.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s