where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
mlhay
Student
University of Florida, USA, Joined Mar 2002, 8

mlhay

Student
University of Florida,
USA,
Joined Mar 2002
04:26 Jul-03-2007
the best method for detecting and localize the rebars

Hi,

To confirm the appropriate overlapping of the rebars at the construction joint, I am looking for the method that can tell me if there is rebar or not at the joint.

if anybody could tell me the potential methods that may answer my question, I will definitely apprepriate.

Thanks!

Michel
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 847

Michel

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
00:03 Jul-07-2007
Re: the best method for detecting and localize the rebars
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,
: To confirm the appropriate overlapping of the rebars at the construction joint, I am looking for the method that can tell me if there is rebar or not at the joint.
: if anybody could tell me the potential methods that may answer my question, I will definitely apprepriate.
: Thanks!
------------ End Original Message ------------

With the information you have provided, I assume you are talking about reabars in a cement floor? If you have access to both side of the slab, I suggest doing radiography using Co 60. I believe the equivalence factor for cement is 10:1 compare to steel. This way you will also have an exact picture of the way it is inside. There maybe other ways that I don't know. My experience in that field is very limited. I hope this will help you.

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window