where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
mlhay
Student
University of Florida, USA, Joined Mar 2002, 8

mlhay

Student
University of Florida,
USA,
Joined Mar 2002
04:26 Jul-03-2007
the best method for detecting and localize the rebars

Hi,

To confirm the appropriate overlapping of the rebars at the construction joint, I am looking for the method that can tell me if there is rebar or not at the joint.

if anybody could tell me the potential methods that may answer my question, I will definitely apprepriate.

Thanks!

Michel
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 826

Michel

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
00:03 Jul-07-2007
Re: the best method for detecting and localize the rebars
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,
: To confirm the appropriate overlapping of the rebars at the construction joint, I am looking for the method that can tell me if there is rebar or not at the joint.
: if anybody could tell me the potential methods that may answer my question, I will definitely apprepriate.
: Thanks!
------------ End Original Message ------------

With the information you have provided, I assume you are talking about reabars in a cement floor? If you have access to both side of the slab, I suggest doing radiography using Co 60. I believe the equivalence factor for cement is 10:1 compare to steel. This way you will also have an exact picture of the way it is inside. There maybe other ways that I don't know. My experience in that field is very limited. I hope this will help you.

Product Spotlight

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window