where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
mlhay
Student
University of Florida, USA, Joined Mar 2002, 8

mlhay

Student
University of Florida,
USA,
Joined Mar 2002
04:26 Jul-03-2007
the best method for detecting and localize the rebars

Hi,

To confirm the appropriate overlapping of the rebars at the construction joint, I am looking for the method that can tell me if there is rebar or not at the joint.

if anybody could tell me the potential methods that may answer my question, I will definitely apprepriate.

Thanks!

Michel
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 831

Michel

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
00:03 Jul-07-2007
Re: the best method for detecting and localize the rebars
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,
: To confirm the appropriate overlapping of the rebars at the construction joint, I am looking for the method that can tell me if there is rebar or not at the joint.
: if anybody could tell me the potential methods that may answer my question, I will definitely apprepriate.
: Thanks!
------------ End Original Message ------------

With the information you have provided, I assume you are talking about reabars in a cement floor? If you have access to both side of the slab, I suggest doing radiography using Co 60. I believe the equivalence factor for cement is 10:1 compare to steel. This way you will also have an exact picture of the way it is inside. There maybe other ways that I don't know. My experience in that field is very limited. I hope this will help you.

Product Spotlight

I&T Nardoni

NDT, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF NEW METHODOLOGY, TRAINING CENTER I&T NARDON INSTITUTE was idiated
in 1988 by Giuseppe Nardoni, now president and owner of the company, based on his multi-annual and international experience in the field of NDT.
>

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window