where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
the best method for detecting and localize the rebars
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

AMDATA Products (WesDyne)
AMDATA is an engineering and technical services firm dedicated to providing standard and custom nondestructive examinations (NDE) products and systems

04:26 Jul-03-2007

mlhay

Student
University of Florida,
USA,
Joined Mar 2002
the best method for detecting and localize the rebars

Hi,

To confirm the appropriate overlapping of the rebars at the construction joint, I am looking for the method that can tell me if there is rebar or not at the joint.

if anybody could tell me the potential methods that may answer my question, I will definitely apprepriate.

Thanks!

00:03 Jul-07-2007

Michel

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
Re: the best method for detecting and localize the rebars ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,
: To confirm the appropriate overlapping of the rebars at the construction joint, I am looking for the method that can tell me if there is rebar or not at the joint.
: if anybody could tell me the potential methods that may answer my question, I will definitely apprepriate.
: Thanks!
------------ End Original Message ------------

With the information you have provided, I assume you are talking about reabars in a cement floor? If you have access to both side of the slab, I suggest doing radiography using Co 60. I believe the equivalence factor for cement is 10:1 compare to steel. This way you will also have an exact picture of the way it is inside. There maybe other ways that I don't know. My experience in that field is very limited. I hope this will help you.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|