where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
NDT Ultrasonic Device Question
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

06:40 Jul-19-2007
David Ross
NDT Ultrasonic Device Question

I am developing a simple remote switch that will communicate with it's receive through a short (one metre) length of stainless steel. The application cannot use wires or RF energy. In creating a bench-top system to use for characterizing the structure (it has a few joints with metal-metal contact but is otherwise a very clean 2" diameter stainless tube), I'd need to find a device that will generate acoustic pulses in the sub-150 kHz range. I thought of NDT devices for flaw detection in concrete, etc - not sure as I'm unfamiliar with this equipment. Any suggestions on a better approach or sources of equipment that will do this job for me?

07:31 Jul-19-2007

Trevor Easton

Engineering
Dofasco Inc,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: NDT Ultrasonic Device Question ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am developing a simple remote switch that will communicate with it's receive through a short (one metre) length of stainless steel.

What is the remote switch sensing at the end of the stainless tube? A little more information may help us to suggest a means of communication.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|