where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

FI Test- und Messtechnik GmbH

Technical Discussions
Dave Utrata
R & D,
Center for NDE, Iowa State University, USA, Joined Feb 2000, 37

Dave Utrata

R & D,
Center for NDE, Iowa State University,
USA,
Joined Feb 2000
07:28 Jul-19-2007
self-centering turntable

Hello Everyone,
I'm interested in a fixture that attaches to a turntable, essentially a self-centering chuck, for positioning cylindrical samples for immersion UT. I've found just one lead so far and am wondering if other sources/ideas are available.

Thanks,
Dave

Neil Burleigh
Sales
Krautkramer Australia Pty Ltd, Australia, Joined Dec 2002, 152

Neil Burleigh

Sales
Krautkramer Australia Pty Ltd,
Australia,
Joined Dec 2002
04:29 Jul-23-2007
Re: self-centering turntable
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello Everyone,
: I'm interested in a fixture that attaches to a turntable, essentially a self-centering chuck, for positioning cylindrical samples for immersion UT. I've found just one lead so far and am wondering if other sources/ideas are available.
: Thanks,
: Dave
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi Dave,
I have seen a self centreing chuck on the Hocking Wheelscan Eddy current units it is called a SLIC adapter. It is used for centreing aircraft wheels for automated EC inspection. It is a very nifty adapter and would be just the thing you need.
Contact your local GE Inspection Technologies rep for further info.
Regards

Neil Burleigh

Product Spotlight

High Resolution Industrial CT System for Small/Medium Size Parts Inspection

The YXLON FF35 CT computed tomography system is designed to achieve extremely precise inspection res
ults for a wide range of applications. Available in a single or dual tube configuration, it is perfect for very small to medium size parts inspection in the automotive, electronics, aviation, and material science industries.
>

Spot weld inspection with Phased Array – PHAsis.one

The first PAUT spot weld inspection device offering a physical resolution of the spot weld diamete
r better than 0.35mm. Precise: more than 700 real UT measurements per spot weld. Easy to go: minimal training required due to the user friendly inspection software. Be sure: safe evaluation due to the imaging result display and automated creation of an evaluation proposal for the spot weld quality.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s