where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

IMechE Engineering Training Solutions
World leading provider of Non-Destructive Testing and Corrosion Prevention and Coatings training, examinations and Level 3 Consultancy Services

Technical Discussions
Shreefal Mehta
Shreefal Mehta
03:16 Nov-20-1999
Monitoring/Testing of fatigue in metals??

Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

Thanks
Shreefal Mehta, Ph.D.
shreefal.mehta@email.swmed.edu

Liviu Singher
R & D,
Technion, Israel, Joined Nov 1998, 11

Liviu Singher

R & D,
Technion,
Israel,
Joined Nov 1998
02:41 Nov-21-1999
Re: Monitoring/Testing of fatigue in metals??

Godfrey Hands
Engineering,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 287

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
08:49 Nov-22-1999
: Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

: Thanks
: Shreefal Mehta, Ph.D.
: shreefal.mehta@email.swmed.edu

Hi,
I ave been working with the "Resonant Fingerprint" method of condition monitoring for high value individually identifiable components.
In this method, the Resonant Fingerprint (either in the acoustic or ultrasonic range) is recorded when the component or structure is new or in known good condition, and again at regular periods or when the component has been subjected to a traumatic stress. Changes in the fingerprint signify changes in the structural integrity of the component.

Contact me for more details, or see Insight August 1988, pages 500 to 503.
Phone +44 24 7632 0812
Fax +44 24 7632 0813
email Godfrey@hands-ndt.co.uk
Godfrey Hands

Godfrey Hands
Engineering,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 287

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
08:49 Nov-22-1999
: Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

Hi,
I have been working with the "Resonant Fingerprint" method of condition monitoring for high value individually identifiable components.
In this method, the Resonant Fingerprint (either in the acoustic or ultrasonic range) is recorded when the component or structure is new or in known good condition, and again at regular periods or when the component has been subjected to a traumatic stress. Changes in the fingerprint signify changes in the structural integrity of the component.

Contact me for more details, or see Insight August 1988, pages 500 to 503.
Phone +44 24 7632 0812
Fax +44 24 7632 0813
email Godfrey@hands-ndt.co.uk
Godfrey Hands

Jens Forker
Jens Forker
01:32 Dec-20-1999

Acoustic Emission testing (passive listening/detection to acoustic waves emitted when sudden material changes, e.g. crack growth, take place) is a method which can help. You can easily achieve integral monitoring of your sample and get online information.

for further information see our homepage www.vallen.de or contact me directly.
Jens Forker

sdf
sdf
07:44 Dec-01-2000
: : Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

: : Thanks
: : Shreefal Mehta, Ph.D.
: : shreefal.mehta@email.swmed.edu

: Hi,
: I have been working with the "Resonant Fingerprint" method of condition monitoring for high value individually identifiable components.
: In this method, the Resonant Fingerprint (either in the acoustic or ultrasonic range) is recorded when the component or structure is new or in known good condition, and again at regular periods or when the component has been subjected to a traumatic stress. Changes in the fingerprint signify changes in the structural integrity of the component.

: Contact me for more details, or see Insight August 1988, pages 500 to 503.
: Phone +44 24 7632 0812
: Fax +44 24 7632 0813
: email Godfrey@hands-ndt.co.uk
: Godfrey Hands

H. N. Singh
H. N. Singh
01:49 Aug-12-2002
COuld u tell any method for evaluating fatigue life valuation using NDT method
: H N SIngh.
: hemnarain@rediffmail.com

Product Spotlight

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Webinar: FMC & Advanced Focusing Techniques for Improved Ultrasonic Inspections

Phased array ultrasound is now a commonly accepted inspection technology. Now there is excitement ar
ound new techniques in Phased Array: Full Matrix Capture (FMC) & Total Focusing Method (TFM). Our webinar on December 5 & 6 will illustrate how these techniques, implemented on a TOPAZ64 instrument, can improve the results of existing inspections. Register today.
>

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s