where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Shreefal Mehta
Shreefal Mehta
03:16 Nov-20-1999
Monitoring/Testing of fatigue in metals??

Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

Thanks
Shreefal Mehta, Ph.D.
shreefal.mehta@email.swmed.edu

Liviu Singher
R & D,
Technion, Israel, Joined Nov 1998, 11

Liviu Singher

R & D,
Technion,
Israel,
Joined Nov 1998
02:41 Nov-21-1999
Re: Monitoring/Testing of fatigue in metals??

Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 293

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
08:49 Nov-22-1999
: Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

: Thanks
: Shreefal Mehta, Ph.D.
: shreefal.mehta@email.swmed.edu

Hi,
I ave been working with the "Resonant Fingerprint" method of condition monitoring for high value individually identifiable components.
In this method, the Resonant Fingerprint (either in the acoustic or ultrasonic range) is recorded when the component or structure is new or in known good condition, and again at regular periods or when the component has been subjected to a traumatic stress. Changes in the fingerprint signify changes in the structural integrity of the component.

Contact me for more details, or see Insight August 1988, pages 500 to 503.
Phone +44 24 7632 0812
Fax +44 24 7632 0813
email Godfrey@hands-ndt.co.uk
Godfrey Hands

Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 293

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
08:49 Nov-22-1999
: Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

Hi,
I have been working with the "Resonant Fingerprint" method of condition monitoring for high value individually identifiable components.
In this method, the Resonant Fingerprint (either in the acoustic or ultrasonic range) is recorded when the component or structure is new or in known good condition, and again at regular periods or when the component has been subjected to a traumatic stress. Changes in the fingerprint signify changes in the structural integrity of the component.

Contact me for more details, or see Insight August 1988, pages 500 to 503.
Phone +44 24 7632 0812
Fax +44 24 7632 0813
email Godfrey@hands-ndt.co.uk
Godfrey Hands

Jens Forker
Jens Forker
01:32 Dec-20-1999

Acoustic Emission testing (passive listening/detection to acoustic waves emitted when sudden material changes, e.g. crack growth, take place) is a method which can help. You can easily achieve integral monitoring of your sample and get online information.

for further information see our homepage www.vallen.de or contact me directly.
Jens Forker

sdf
sdf
07:44 Dec-01-2000
: : Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

: : Thanks
: : Shreefal Mehta, Ph.D.
: : shreefal.mehta@email.swmed.edu

: Hi,
: I have been working with the "Resonant Fingerprint" method of condition monitoring for high value individually identifiable components.
: In this method, the Resonant Fingerprint (either in the acoustic or ultrasonic range) is recorded when the component or structure is new or in known good condition, and again at regular periods or when the component has been subjected to a traumatic stress. Changes in the fingerprint signify changes in the structural integrity of the component.

: Contact me for more details, or see Insight August 1988, pages 500 to 503.
: Phone +44 24 7632 0812
: Fax +44 24 7632 0813
: email Godfrey@hands-ndt.co.uk
: Godfrey Hands

H. N. Singh
H. N. Singh
01:49 Aug-12-2002
COuld u tell any method for evaluating fatigue life valuation using NDT method
: H N SIngh.
: hemnarain@rediffmail.com

Product Spotlight

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window