where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Shreefal Mehta
Shreefal Mehta
03:16 Nov-20-1999
Monitoring/Testing of fatigue in metals??

Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

Thanks
Shreefal Mehta, Ph.D.
shreefal.mehta@email.swmed.edu

Liviu Singher
R & D,
Technion, Israel, Joined Nov 1998, 11

Liviu Singher

R & D,
Technion,
Israel,
Joined Nov 1998
02:41 Nov-21-1999
Re: Monitoring/Testing of fatigue in metals??

Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 306

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
08:49 Nov-22-1999
: Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

: Thanks
: Shreefal Mehta, Ph.D.
: shreefal.mehta@email.swmed.edu

Hi,
I ave been working with the "Resonant Fingerprint" method of condition monitoring for high value individually identifiable components.
In this method, the Resonant Fingerprint (either in the acoustic or ultrasonic range) is recorded when the component or structure is new or in known good condition, and again at regular periods or when the component has been subjected to a traumatic stress. Changes in the fingerprint signify changes in the structural integrity of the component.

Contact me for more details, or see Insight August 1988, pages 500 to 503.
Phone +44 24 7632 0812
Fax +44 24 7632 0813
email Godfrey@hands-ndt.co.uk
Godfrey Hands

Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 306

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
08:49 Nov-22-1999
: Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

Hi,
I have been working with the "Resonant Fingerprint" method of condition monitoring for high value individually identifiable components.
In this method, the Resonant Fingerprint (either in the acoustic or ultrasonic range) is recorded when the component or structure is new or in known good condition, and again at regular periods or when the component has been subjected to a traumatic stress. Changes in the fingerprint signify changes in the structural integrity of the component.

Contact me for more details, or see Insight August 1988, pages 500 to 503.
Phone +44 24 7632 0812
Fax +44 24 7632 0813
email Godfrey@hands-ndt.co.uk
Godfrey Hands

Jens Forker
Jens Forker
01:32 Dec-20-1999

Acoustic Emission testing (passive listening/detection to acoustic waves emitted when sudden material changes, e.g. crack growth, take place) is a method which can help. You can easily achieve integral monitoring of your sample and get online information.

for further information see our homepage www.vallen.de or contact me directly.
Jens Forker

sdf
sdf
07:44 Dec-01-2000
: : Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

: : Thanks
: : Shreefal Mehta, Ph.D.
: : shreefal.mehta@email.swmed.edu

: Hi,
: I have been working with the "Resonant Fingerprint" method of condition monitoring for high value individually identifiable components.
: In this method, the Resonant Fingerprint (either in the acoustic or ultrasonic range) is recorded when the component or structure is new or in known good condition, and again at regular periods or when the component has been subjected to a traumatic stress. Changes in the fingerprint signify changes in the structural integrity of the component.

: Contact me for more details, or see Insight August 1988, pages 500 to 503.
: Phone +44 24 7632 0812
: Fax +44 24 7632 0813
: email Godfrey@hands-ndt.co.uk
: Godfrey Hands

H. N. Singh
H. N. Singh
01:49 Aug-12-2002
COuld u tell any method for evaluating fatigue life valuation using NDT method
: H N SIngh.
: hemnarain@rediffmail.com

Product Spotlight

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

VeeScan AirCraft Wheel Inspection

The VEESCAN offers maximum flexibility, has a proven mechanical design and records of breakdown-fr
ee operation of over 365 days. Appealing to companies in the Aerospace industry, the VEESCAN is ideal for all wheel-testing environments. With a wide selection of probes, the VeeScan allows your wheel testing facility the flexibility to select the most compatible configurations with their workload.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window