where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Monitoring/Testing of fatigue in metals??
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

NOVO DR
develops and manufactures cutting edge Portable Digital Radiography X-ray Inspection Systems.

03:16 Nov-20-1999
Shreefal Mehta
Monitoring/Testing of fatigue in metals??

Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

Thanks
Shreefal Mehta, Ph.D.
shreefal.mehta@email.swmed.edu

02:41 Nov-21-1999

Liviu Singher

R & D,
Technion,
Israel,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Monitoring/Testing of fatigue in metals??

08:49 Nov-22-1999

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Monitoring/Testing of fatigue in metals?? : Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

: Thanks
: Shreefal Mehta, Ph.D.
: shreefal.mehta@email.swmed.edu

Hi,
I ave been working with the "Resonant Fingerprint" method of condition monitoring for high value individually identifiable components.
In this method, the Resonant Fingerprint (either in the acoustic or ultrasonic range) is recorded when the component or structure is new or in known good condition, and again at regular periods or when the component has been subjected to a traumatic stress. Changes in the fingerprint signify changes in the structural integrity of the component.

Contact me for more details, or see Insight August 1988, pages 500 to 503.
Phone +44 24 7632 0812
Fax +44 24 7632 0813
email Godfrey@hands-ndt.co.uk
Godfrey Hands

08:49 Nov-22-1999

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Monitoring/Testing of fatigue in metals?? : Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

Hi,
I have been working with the "Resonant Fingerprint" method of condition monitoring for high value individually identifiable components.
In this method, the Resonant Fingerprint (either in the acoustic or ultrasonic range) is recorded when the component or structure is new or in known good condition, and again at regular periods or when the component has been subjected to a traumatic stress. Changes in the fingerprint signify changes in the structural integrity of the component.

Contact me for more details, or see Insight August 1988, pages 500 to 503.
Phone +44 24 7632 0812
Fax +44 24 7632 0813
email Godfrey@hands-ndt.co.uk
Godfrey Hands

01:32 Dec-20-1999
Jens Forker

Acoustic Emission testing (passive listening/detection to acoustic waves emitted when sudden material changes, e.g. crack growth, take place) is a method which can help. You can easily achieve integral monitoring of your sample and get online information.

for further information see our homepage www.vallen.de or contact me directly.
Jens Forker

07:44 Dec-01-2000
sdf
Re: Monitoring/Testing of fatigue in metals?? : : Could you please help me find current techniques (ultrasound; laboratory or field-use technique) used to monitor/test metals under conditions of repetitive use to determine risk of fatigue failure?

: : Thanks
: : Shreefal Mehta, Ph.D.
: : shreefal.mehta@email.swmed.edu

: Hi,
: I have been working with the "Resonant Fingerprint" method of condition monitoring for high value individually identifiable components.
: In this method, the Resonant Fingerprint (either in the acoustic or ultrasonic range) is recorded when the component or structure is new or in known good condition, and again at regular periods or when the component has been subjected to a traumatic stress. Changes in the fingerprint signify changes in the structural integrity of the component.

: Contact me for more details, or see Insight August 1988, pages 500 to 503.
: Phone +44 24 7632 0812
: Fax +44 24 7632 0813
: email Godfrey@hands-ndt.co.uk
: Godfrey Hands

01:49 Aug-12-2002
H. N. Singh
Re: Monitoring/Testing of fatigue in metals?? COuld u tell any method for evaluating fatigue life valuation using NDT method
: H N SIngh.
: hemnarain@rediffmail.com

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|