where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
KK
KK
09:19 Nov-29-1999
Ultrasonic delay lines

I have a high temperature application. I am connecting the
transducer to the high temperature area via a delay line.
I will be using pulse echo method to measure distance.
I need to create a bend in the delay line.
Will this effect the signals received?

Can the delay line touch surrounding surface (e.g if in a hole)?

I would be grateful to anyone who can enlighten me on these queries.

kk
Student
King's College London, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1999, 2

kk

Student
King's College London,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1999
09:21 Nov-29-1999
Re: Ultrasonic delay lines
: I have a high temperature application. I am connecting the
: transducer to the high temperature area via a delay line.
: I will be using pulse echo method to measure distance.
: I need to create a bend in the delay line.
: Will this effect the signals received?

: Can the delay line touch surrounding surface (e.g if in a hole)?

what is a good material for the delay line if it is
contact with H13 steel at one end and transducer at the
other?
: I would be grateful to anyone who can enlighten me on these queries.

Tom Nelligan
Engineering,
retired, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 390

Tom Nelligan

Engineering,
retired,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
09:41 Nov-29-1999
Re: Ultrasonic delay lines
ry. Contact with the outer surface of the delay line should not be a problem. As for materials, there are a number of high temperature delay line materials used by my company (and by our competitors), many of them polymers that are stable at high temperatures, but I'm afraid that most manufacturers consider the formulation of the more specialized materials as commercially proprietary.

--Tom Nelligan

Product Spotlight

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window