where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

I&T Nardoni Institute
A state-of-the-art company servicing the metal, mechanical, aeronautical and railway industrial sectors

Technical Discussions
KK
KK
09:19 Nov-29-1999
Ultrasonic delay lines

I have a high temperature application. I am connecting the
transducer to the high temperature area via a delay line.
I will be using pulse echo method to measure distance.
I need to create a bend in the delay line.
Will this effect the signals received?

Can the delay line touch surrounding surface (e.g if in a hole)?

I would be grateful to anyone who can enlighten me on these queries.

kk
Student
King's College London, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1999, 2

kk

Student
King's College London,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1999
09:21 Nov-29-1999
Re: Ultrasonic delay lines
: I have a high temperature application. I am connecting the
: transducer to the high temperature area via a delay line.
: I will be using pulse echo method to measure distance.
: I need to create a bend in the delay line.
: Will this effect the signals received?

: Can the delay line touch surrounding surface (e.g if in a hole)?

what is a good material for the delay line if it is
contact with H13 steel at one end and transducer at the
other?
: I would be grateful to anyone who can enlighten me on these queries.

Tom Nelligan
Engineering,
retired, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 390

Tom Nelligan

Engineering,
retired,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
09:41 Nov-29-1999
Re: Ultrasonic delay lines
ry. Contact with the outer surface of the delay line should not be a problem. As for materials, there are a number of high temperature delay line materials used by my company (and by our competitors), many of them polymers that are stable at high temperatures, but I'm afraid that most manufacturers consider the formulation of the more specialized materials as commercially proprietary.

--Tom Nelligan

Product Spotlight

TOPAZ® 64: Fully Integrated Portable 64 Channel PAUT Instrument with FMC & TFM

Introducing TOPAZ64, the industry’s most intelligent fully integrated, portable 64-channel phased
array ultrasound (UT) instrument. TOPAZ64 combines code-compliant phased array UT with the industry’s most advanced full matrix capture (FMC) and total focusing method (TFM) capabilities. Featuring the highest acquisition frequency in its class, high resolution FMC and a 12” multi-touchscreen, users can easily visualize even the smallest flaws. TOPAZ64 can generate a bipolar pulse that provides more acoustic energy versus previous models for punching through thick components. The result is a portable tool that delivers increased inspection coverage, more accurate signals, and the ability to handle all UT inspections in one package. TOPAZ64 is ideal for challenging applications in transportation, oil and gas, manufacturing and power generation.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window