where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Volker Scherer
Volker Scherer
05:24 Dec-01-1999
sound attenuation and dispersion in gases

I need data for attenuation and dispersion of ultrasound in gases. Also, information on changes of sound velocity with relative humidity is helpful. Where can I read data (on-line tables?) ?

Thanks

Volker

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1218

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
06:05 Dec-01-1999
Re: sound attenuation and dispersion in gases
Try looking at Allan Selfridge's Home Page
http://www.ultrasonic.com/
on the left column is an item on Acoustic Propoerties with a variety of options
Included is an Excel spreadsheet from an associate of Dr. Selfridge.

: I need data for attenuation and dispersion of ultrasound in gases. Also, information on changes of sound velocity with relative humidity is helpful. Where can I read data (on-line tables?) ?

: Thanks

: Volker

Volker Scherer
Volker Scherer
06:35 Dec-01-1999
Re: sound attenuation and dispersion in gases
Thank your for helping. The data, however do only provide standard environments and no frequency dependence or attenuation. This part is still open.

PAUL
PAUL
00:58 Aug-21-2000
attenuation
these are question's for a assignement of mine

WHAT PROPERTIES OF THE TRANSMISSION LINE CAUSE THIS ATTENUATION
HOW TO OVERCOME ATTENUATION
HOW TO CHANGE FOR TWO-WIRE TO FOUR-WIRE SYSTEM

i hope you can help me with these!!!!!!
thanks

Product Spotlight

NozzleScan: Radial nozzle scanner with probe skew

NozzleScan is a versatile manual scanning solution developed for the inspection of nozzle welds in
both set-through and set-on configurations. Available in both two-axis and three-axis instrument configurations and adaptable to cover a wide range of 90-degree nozzle sizes, from 3" upwards, on ferritic and austenitic materials.The transducer skew axis can also be adjusted, encoded and locked.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high perf
ormance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

High Resolution Industrial CT System for Small/Medium Size Parts Inspection

The YXLON FF35 CT computed tomography system is designed to achieve extremely precise inspection res
ults for a wide range of applications. Available in a single or dual tube configuration, it is perfect for very small to medium size parts inspection in the automotive, electronics, aviation, and material science industries.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s