where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Aziz Rehman
R & D
Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan, Joined Apr 2001, 11

Aziz Rehman

R & D
Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad,
Pakistan,
Joined Apr 2001
01:38 Oct-11-2007
Backing Material for UT Probe

I need some help for selecting a backing material for the probes I am manufacturing using Composite Piezoelectric Square Crystal (9mm x 9mm)

Can somebody provide me with the following info:

o- Suitable backing material that can easily stick with
Lucite or Rexolite.
o- Any supplier who can provide an easy to mix backing
material, or
o- Any Combination of the material, that can be mixed
or matched.

A quick reply will be highly appreciated.

Aziz

Michael Moles †2014 *1948
, Joined ,
02:57 Oct-11-2007
Re: Backing Material for UT Probe
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I need some help for selecting a backing material for the probes I am manufacturing using Composite Piezoelectric Square Crystal (9mm x 9mm)
: Can somebody provide me with the following info:
: o- Suitable backing material that can easily stick with
: Lucite or Rexolite.
: o- Any supplier who can provide an easy to mix backing
: material, or
: o- Any Combination of the material, that can be mixed
: or matched.
: A quick reply will be highly appreciated.
: Aziz
------------ End Original Message ------------

Contact Grant Reig in Waltham, Mass. His e-mail is grant.reig@olympusndt.com.

Product Spotlight

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window