where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
The Impact-Echo Test Speed To Inspect The PCCP
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

01:20 Oct-15-2007
FATHALLA A. GHERYANI
The Impact-Echo Test Speed To Inspect The PCCP

WE NEED TO APPLY THE IMPACT-ECHO TESTING ON PRE-STESSED CYLINDER CONCRETE PIPES FOR
(THE GREAT MAN-MADE RIVER PROJECT IN LIBYA).
COULD I ASK YOU ABOUT THE SPEED OF THIS TEST TO INSPECT MORE THAN 4000 TO 55OOO
PIPES TO DETERMINE THE HOLLOW SOUNDING IN THE CEMENT MORTAR GROUTING (I MEAN THE
CEMENT MORTAR DELAMINATION IN THE GROUTING).
AND HOW TO DETERMINE THAT BY THIS ROLE IN THE PCCP?.
Note: PCCP mean pre-stressed cylinder concrete pipe.

00:05 Jun-26-2008
T
Re: The Impact-Echo Test Speed To Inspect The PCCP That depends on how extensive you want to investigate for each pipe. If you are looking for any delamination around the tendons in concrete, then, you can just do two lines (one each at easily accessible height) along the pipe lines. For each line, you can do it at 200mm interval. It can be done very fast (10 to 15 second for each impact). Interpretation of the resutls is relatively easy. You can try CTG from Olson Engineering or Ultrasonic Pulse Echo (Dry Point Contact) from ACS.

Regards,

Tony from Australia

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: WE NEED TO APPLY THE IMPACT-ECHO TESTING ON PRE-STESSED CYLINDER CONCRETE PIPES FOR
: (THE GREAT MAN-MADE RIVER PROJECT IN LIBYA).
: COULD I ASK YOU ABOUT THE SPEED OF THIS TEST TO INSPECT MORE THAN 4000 TO 55OOO
: PIPES TO DETERMINE THE HOLLOW SOUNDING IN THE CEMENT MORTAR GROUTING (I MEAN THE
: CEMENT MORTAR DELAMINATION IN THE GROUTING).
: AND HOW TO DETERMINE THAT BY THIS ROLE IN THE PCCP?.
: Note: PCCP mean pre-stressed cylinder concrete pipe.
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|