where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

WesDyne International (AMDATA Products)
WesDyne is an engineering and technical services firm dedicated to providing standard and custom nondestructive examinations (NDE) products and systems

Technical Discussions
Mohd Zaki Nuawi
Consultant
National University of Malaysia, Malaysia, Joined Oct 1999, 5

Mohd Zaki Nuawi

Consultant
National University of Malaysia,
Malaysia,
Joined Oct 1999
04:31 Dec-09-1999
Water Bubble using ultrasound

I hope somebody can help me to find some article about the method
to produce water bubble using ultrasonic wave because lately they
use this method in washing machine. When more water bubble in
washing machine our washing become better.
Thank you.

Robert A. Day
Engineering
Milky Way Jewels, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 40

Robert A. Day

Engineering
Milky Way Jewels,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
07:30 Dec-09-1999
Re: Water Bubble using ultrasound
You are probably thinking of cavitation. With sufficient intensity bubbles are produced which can collapse and produce high temperatures and shock waves. The shock waves are usually credited with the effectiveness of ultrasonic cleaning. A good place to start is F. Ronald Young's 'Cavitation', McGraw-Hill 1989. Another excellent source is Kenneth Suslick's 'Ultrasound: Its Chemical, Physical, and Biological Effects', VCH, 1988.

Ultrasonic cavitation is possible for continuous waves with a few watts power at 20 to 60 kHz. It can also be produced at frequencies of many MHz at higher power levels. Pulsed ultrasound can also produce cavitation at extreme power levels and is important in lithotripsy, the breaking of kidney stones via ultrasound.

Cavitation is also produced on the surface of propellers and other surface moving through water under certain conditions. It is important in detecting submarines, cavitation is loud and therefore easy to detect. It is also destructive and is a major industrial problem in the wear of propellers, pumps and other devises where it occurs.

Regards,
Rocky

: I hope somebody can help me to find some article about the method
: to produce water bubble using ultrasonic wave because lately they
: use this method in washing machine. When more water bubble in
: washing machine our washing become better.
: Thank you.

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz
05:13 Dec-09-1999

Please see the web page of the Fraunhofer Technology Center Hialeah (FTeCH):
http://www.ftech.org/technology/cleaning/washing.html

Best regards,

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz.

Martynyuk Alexander
Martynyuk Alexander
03:00 Sep-03-2000
The ultrasound lab in Kiev polytechnical institute in Ukraine carries out elaboration of models of ultrasound washing, ultrasound dispersion and ultrasound cavitation in radiator area and on the distance. Please, contact us :Martynyuk Alexander www.rivne.com/~modik or e-mail modik@rivne.com

Product Spotlight

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s