where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Mohd Zaki Nuawi
Consultant
National University of Malaysia, Malaysia, Joined Oct 1999, 5

Mohd Zaki Nuawi

Consultant
National University of Malaysia,
Malaysia,
Joined Oct 1999
04:31 Dec-09-1999
Water Bubble using ultrasound

I hope somebody can help me to find some article about the method
to produce water bubble using ultrasonic wave because lately they
use this method in washing machine. When more water bubble in
washing machine our washing become better.
Thank you.

Robert A. Day
Engineering
Milky Way Jewels, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 40

Robert A. Day

Engineering
Milky Way Jewels,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
07:30 Dec-09-1999
Re: Water Bubble using ultrasound
You are probably thinking of cavitation. With sufficient intensity bubbles are produced which can collapse and produce high temperatures and shock waves. The shock waves are usually credited with the effectiveness of ultrasonic cleaning. A good place to start is F. Ronald Young's 'Cavitation', McGraw-Hill 1989. Another excellent source is Kenneth Suslick's 'Ultrasound: Its Chemical, Physical, and Biological Effects', VCH, 1988.

Ultrasonic cavitation is possible for continuous waves with a few watts power at 20 to 60 kHz. It can also be produced at frequencies of many MHz at higher power levels. Pulsed ultrasound can also produce cavitation at extreme power levels and is important in lithotripsy, the breaking of kidney stones via ultrasound.

Cavitation is also produced on the surface of propellers and other surface moving through water under certain conditions. It is important in detecting submarines, cavitation is loud and therefore easy to detect. It is also destructive and is a major industrial problem in the wear of propellers, pumps and other devises where it occurs.

Regards,
Rocky

: I hope somebody can help me to find some article about the method
: to produce water bubble using ultrasonic wave because lately they
: use this method in washing machine. When more water bubble in
: washing machine our washing become better.
: Thank you.

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz
05:13 Dec-09-1999

Please see the web page of the Fraunhofer Technology Center Hialeah (FTeCH):
http://www.ftech.org/technology/cleaning/washing.html

Best regards,

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz.

Martynyuk Alexander
Martynyuk Alexander
03:00 Sep-03-2000
The ultrasound lab in Kiev polytechnical institute in Ukraine carries out elaboration of models of ultrasound washing, ultrasound dispersion and ultrasound cavitation in radiator area and on the distance. Please, contact us :Martynyuk Alexander www.rivne.com/~modik or e-mail modik@rivne.com

Product Spotlight

MIZ®-21C: Truly Affordable Eddy Current Handheld with Surface Array Capability

Introducing MIZ-21C, the first truly affordable handheld eddy current instrument with surface array
capabilities. MIZ-21C can deliver fast, accurate inspections in demanding NDT applications including aerospace, oil and gas, manufacturing, and power generation. The surface array solution can reduce inspection time by up to 95% compared to traditional handheld pencil probes. The ergonomic design, long battery life, and intuitive touchscreen mean you can inspect more areas faster than ever without fatigue.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window