where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Water Bubble using ultrasound
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

04:31 Dec-09-1999

Mohd Zaki Nuawi

Consultant
National University of Malaysia,
Malaysia,
Joined Oct 1999
Water Bubble using ultrasound

I hope somebody can help me to find some article about the method
to produce water bubble using ultrasonic wave because lately they
use this method in washing machine. When more water bubble in
washing machine our washing become better.
Thank you.

07:30 Dec-09-1999

Robert A. Day

Engineering
Milky Way Jewels,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Water Bubble using ultrasound You are probably thinking of cavitation. With sufficient intensity bubbles are produced which can collapse and produce high temperatures and shock waves. The shock waves are usually credited with the effectiveness of ultrasonic cleaning. A good place to start is F. Ronald Young's 'Cavitation', McGraw-Hill 1989. Another excellent source is Kenneth Suslick's 'Ultrasound: Its Chemical, Physical, and Biological Effects', VCH, 1988.

Ultrasonic cavitation is possible for continuous waves with a few watts power at 20 to 60 kHz. It can also be produced at frequencies of many MHz at higher power levels. Pulsed ultrasound can also produce cavitation at extreme power levels and is important in lithotripsy, the breaking of kidney stones via ultrasound.

Cavitation is also produced on the surface of propellers and other surface moving through water under certain conditions. It is important in detecting submarines, cavitation is loud and therefore easy to detect. It is also destructive and is a major industrial problem in the wear of propellers, pumps and other devises where it occurs.

Regards,
Rocky

: I hope somebody can help me to find some article about the method
: to produce water bubble using ultrasonic wave because lately they
: use this method in washing machine. When more water bubble in
: washing machine our washing become better.
: Thank you.

05:13 Dec-09-1999
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz
Re: Water Bubble using ultrasound : I hope somebody can help me to find some article about the method

Please see the web page of the Fraunhofer Technology Center Hialeah (FTeCH):
http://www.ftech.org/technology/cleaning/washing.html

Best regards,

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz.

03:00 Sep-03-2000
Martynyuk Alexander
Re: Water Bubble using ultrasound : I hope somebody can help me to find some article about the method
The ultrasound lab in Kiev polytechnical institute in Ukraine carries out elaboration of models of ultrasound washing, ultrasound dispersion and ultrasound cavitation in radiator area and on the distance. Please, contact us :Martynyuk Alexander www.rivne.com/~modik or e-mail modik@rivne.com

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|