where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

PBP Optel sp. z o.o.
Weare searching new ways - in ultrasonic techniques- in creation of new productsUltrasonic instruments - Ultrasonic Testing Card

Technical Discussions
Mohd Zaki Nuawi
Consultant
National University of Malaysia, Malaysia, Joined Oct 1999, 5

Mohd Zaki Nuawi

Consultant
National University of Malaysia,
Malaysia,
Joined Oct 1999
04:31 Dec-09-1999
Water Bubble using ultrasound

I hope somebody can help me to find some article about the method
to produce water bubble using ultrasonic wave because lately they
use this method in washing machine. When more water bubble in
washing machine our washing become better.
Thank you.

Robert A. Day
Engineering
Milky Way Jewels, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 40

Robert A. Day

Engineering
Milky Way Jewels,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
07:30 Dec-09-1999
Re: Water Bubble using ultrasound
You are probably thinking of cavitation. With sufficient intensity bubbles are produced which can collapse and produce high temperatures and shock waves. The shock waves are usually credited with the effectiveness of ultrasonic cleaning. A good place to start is F. Ronald Young's 'Cavitation', McGraw-Hill 1989. Another excellent source is Kenneth Suslick's 'Ultrasound: Its Chemical, Physical, and Biological Effects', VCH, 1988.

Ultrasonic cavitation is possible for continuous waves with a few watts power at 20 to 60 kHz. It can also be produced at frequencies of many MHz at higher power levels. Pulsed ultrasound can also produce cavitation at extreme power levels and is important in lithotripsy, the breaking of kidney stones via ultrasound.

Cavitation is also produced on the surface of propellers and other surface moving through water under certain conditions. It is important in detecting submarines, cavitation is loud and therefore easy to detect. It is also destructive and is a major industrial problem in the wear of propellers, pumps and other devises where it occurs.

Regards,
Rocky

: I hope somebody can help me to find some article about the method
: to produce water bubble using ultrasonic wave because lately they
: use this method in washing machine. When more water bubble in
: washing machine our washing become better.
: Thank you.

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz
05:13 Dec-09-1999

Please see the web page of the Fraunhofer Technology Center Hialeah (FTeCH):
http://www.ftech.org/technology/cleaning/washing.html

Best regards,

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz.

Martynyuk Alexander
Martynyuk Alexander
03:00 Sep-03-2000
The ultrasound lab in Kiev polytechnical institute in Ukraine carries out elaboration of models of ultrasound washing, ultrasound dispersion and ultrasound cavitation in radiator area and on the distance. Please, contact us :Martynyuk Alexander www.rivne.com/~modik or e-mail modik@rivne.com

Product Spotlight

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window