where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
hernando gonzalez
hernando gonzalez
02:10 Oct-25-2007
ut flaw detection in crankshaft

Hi everybody......how are you today?

I'm interested into get information about procedures to carry out UT flaw detection in crankshaft.

Where to inspect? What kind of procedure, movement of transducers? What kind of transducer and cable I must use? Any written practice and what code I must use? Calibration, etc.?

please send at enimsa.tpa@gmail.com

Thanks a lot

HG.

chris s
chris s
03:25 Oct-25-2007
Re: ut flaw detection in crankshaft
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi everybody......how are you today?
: I'm interested into get information about procedures to carry out UT flaw detection in crankshaft.
: Where to inspect? What kind of procedure, movement of transducers? What kind of transducer and cable I must use? Any written practice and what code I must use? Calibration, etc.?
: please send at enimsa.tpa@gmail.com
: Thanks a lot
: HG.
------------ End Original Message ------------

what type of flaw are you looking for?

Dang Dinh Tuan
Sales, - -
Automation System Integration & Technology Transfer, Vietnam, Joined Nov 2007, 3

Dang Dinh Tuan

Sales, - -
Automation System Integration & Technology Transfer,
Vietnam,
Joined Nov 2007
07:17 Oct-26-2007
: I'm interested into get information about procedures to carry out UT flaw detection in crankshaft.
: Where to inspect? What kind of procedure, movement of transducers? What kind of transducer and cable I must use? Any written practice and what code I must use? Calibration, etc.?

Dear Hernando Gonzalez,

Crankshaft are to be subjected to a magnetic particle inspection.
Contact Mr. Mandar Vinze from VINZE MAGNAFIELD CONTROLS PVT. LTD. Email: magnafield@vsnl.com, Website www.crackdetector.com. This company make MT machine for srankshaft.

D D TUAN

Dent
Consultant, NDE Manager NDELevel III/3
NDT Consultant, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 247

Dent

Consultant, NDE Manager NDELevel III/3
NDT Consultant,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
08:32 Oct-26-2007
There are small crankshafts and then there are BIG CRANKSHAFTS and various configurations. You must provide more detail if you expect meaningful answers.

Product Spotlight

High Resolution Industrial CT System for Small/Medium Size Parts Inspection

The YXLON FF35 CT computed tomography system is designed to achieve extremely precise inspection res
ults for a wide range of applications. Available in a single or dual tube configuration, it is perfect for very small to medium size parts inspection in the automotive, electronics, aviation, and material science industries.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s