where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
hernando gonzalez
hernando gonzalez
02:10 Oct-25-2007
ut flaw detection in crankshaft

Hi everybody......how are you today?

I'm interested into get information about procedures to carry out UT flaw detection in crankshaft.

Where to inspect? What kind of procedure, movement of transducers? What kind of transducer and cable I must use? Any written practice and what code I must use? Calibration, etc.?

please send at enimsa.tpa@gmail.com

Thanks a lot

HG.

chris s
chris s
03:25 Oct-25-2007
Re: ut flaw detection in crankshaft
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi everybody......how are you today?
: I'm interested into get information about procedures to carry out UT flaw detection in crankshaft.
: Where to inspect? What kind of procedure, movement of transducers? What kind of transducer and cable I must use? Any written practice and what code I must use? Calibration, etc.?
: please send at enimsa.tpa@gmail.com
: Thanks a lot
: HG.
------------ End Original Message ------------

what type of flaw are you looking for?

Dang Dinh Tuan
Sales, - -
Automation System Integration & Technology Transfer, Vietnam, Joined Nov 2007, 3

Dang Dinh Tuan

Sales, - -
Automation System Integration & Technology Transfer,
Vietnam,
Joined Nov 2007
07:17 Oct-26-2007
: I'm interested into get information about procedures to carry out UT flaw detection in crankshaft.
: Where to inspect? What kind of procedure, movement of transducers? What kind of transducer and cable I must use? Any written practice and what code I must use? Calibration, etc.?

Dear Hernando Gonzalez,

Crankshaft are to be subjected to a magnetic particle inspection.
Contact Mr. Mandar Vinze from VINZE MAGNAFIELD CONTROLS PVT. LTD. Email: magnafield@vsnl.com, Website www.crackdetector.com. This company make MT machine for srankshaft.

D D TUAN

Dent
Consultant, NDE Manager NDELevel III/3
NDT Consultant, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 248

Dent

Consultant, NDE Manager NDELevel III/3
NDT Consultant,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
08:32 Oct-26-2007
There are small crankshafts and then there are BIG CRANKSHAFTS and various configurations. You must provide more detail if you expect meaningful answers.

Product Spotlight

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window