where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
hernando gonzalez
hernando gonzalez
02:10 Oct-25-2007
ut flaw detection in crankshaft

Hi everybody......how are you today?

I'm interested into get information about procedures to carry out UT flaw detection in crankshaft.

Where to inspect? What kind of procedure, movement of transducers? What kind of transducer and cable I must use? Any written practice and what code I must use? Calibration, etc.?

please send at enimsa.tpa@gmail.com

Thanks a lot

HG.

chris s
chris s
03:25 Oct-25-2007
Re: ut flaw detection in crankshaft
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi everybody......how are you today?
: I'm interested into get information about procedures to carry out UT flaw detection in crankshaft.
: Where to inspect? What kind of procedure, movement of transducers? What kind of transducer and cable I must use? Any written practice and what code I must use? Calibration, etc.?
: please send at enimsa.tpa@gmail.com
: Thanks a lot
: HG.
------------ End Original Message ------------

what type of flaw are you looking for?

Dang Dinh Tuan
Sales, - -
Automation System Integration & Technology Transfer, Vietnam, Joined Nov 2007, 3

Dang Dinh Tuan

Sales, - -
Automation System Integration & Technology Transfer,
Vietnam,
Joined Nov 2007
07:17 Oct-26-2007
: I'm interested into get information about procedures to carry out UT flaw detection in crankshaft.
: Where to inspect? What kind of procedure, movement of transducers? What kind of transducer and cable I must use? Any written practice and what code I must use? Calibration, etc.?

Dear Hernando Gonzalez,

Crankshaft are to be subjected to a magnetic particle inspection.
Contact Mr. Mandar Vinze from VINZE MAGNAFIELD CONTROLS PVT. LTD. Email: magnafield@vsnl.com, Website www.crackdetector.com. This company make MT machine for srankshaft.

D D TUAN

Dent
Consultant, NDE Manager NDELevel III/3
NDT Consultant, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 248

Dent

Consultant, NDE Manager NDELevel III/3
NDT Consultant,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
08:32 Oct-26-2007
There are small crankshafts and then there are BIG CRANKSHAFTS and various configurations. You must provide more detail if you expect meaningful answers.

Product Spotlight

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window