where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Phil Reid
Phil Reid
00:41 Dec-21-1999
ASTM E-1320 Interpretation of shrinkage

I'm in the middle of a debate concerning the interpretation of shrinkage
using ASTM Reference Radiographs. With the surrounding metal in both the production and reference radiograph
being 2.0 H&D and the shrink indication in the production film only half the size of the largest shrink in the ASTM film. My question is, if the density of the shrink on the production radiograph is somewhat darker
than that of the referenced plate, is the indication then rejectable?

Eng. Fathi Ghanameh
Eng. Fathi Ghanameh
01:24 Dec-22-1999
Re: ASTM E-1320 Interpretation of shrinkage
: I'm in the middle of a debate concerning the interpretation of shrinkage
: using ASTM Reference Radiographs. With the surrounding metal in both the production and reference radiograph
: being 2.0 H&D and the shrink indication in the production film only half the size of the largest shrink in the ASTM film. My question is, if the density of the shrink on the production radiograph is somewhat darker
: than that of the referenced plate, is the indication then rejectable?

Product Spotlight

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window