where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
ASTM E-1320 Interpretation of shrinkage
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Sonatest Ltd
From our three distinct business centres in the UK, USA and CANADA, Sonatest design and produce a leading range of high performance ultrasonic NDT equipment and accessories.

00:41 Dec-21-1999
Phil Reid
ASTM E-1320 Interpretation of shrinkage

I'm in the middle of a debate concerning the interpretation of shrinkage
using ASTM Reference Radiographs. With the surrounding metal in both the production and reference radiograph
being 2.0 H&D and the shrink indication in the production film only half the size of the largest shrink in the ASTM film. My question is, if the density of the shrink on the production radiograph is somewhat darker
than that of the referenced plate, is the indication then rejectable?

01:24 Dec-22-1999
Eng. Fathi Ghanameh
Re: ASTM E-1320 Interpretation of shrinkage : I'm in the middle of a debate concerning the interpretation of shrinkage
: using ASTM Reference Radiographs. With the surrounding metal in both the production and reference radiograph
: being 2.0 H&D and the shrink indication in the production film only half the size of the largest shrink in the ASTM film. My question is, if the density of the shrink on the production radiograph is somewhat darker
: than that of the referenced plate, is the indication then rejectable?

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|