where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Pankaj Joshi
NDT Inspector
Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd, India, Joined Jan 2005, 2

Pankaj Joshi

NDT Inspector
Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd,
India,
Joined Jan 2005
06:33 Dec-28-2007
PQR

I am in need of a PQR for ASME SA 387Gr P5 (P NO 5B) covering thickness range of 5.0 to 10.0mm.
Can any one help me for that ?

Pankaj Joshi

chris s
chris s
07:23 Dec-28-2007
Re: PQR
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am in need of a PQR for ASME SA 387Gr P5 (P NO 5B) covering thickness range of 5.0 to 10.0mm.
: Can any one help me for that ?
: Pankaj Joshi
------------ End Original Message ------------

asme IX would be the best place to start

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1266

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
09:56 Dec-28-2007
Pankaj, PQR abbreviates Procedure Qualification Records and relates to WELDING and not NDT. Why is your question posted on the NDT.net forum?

I believe that Nigel Armstrong has already today pointed out that "This is an NDT forum, members cannot be expected to have sound knowledge of Code welding rules."
I suggest you look for Welding forums for answers to your's and similar questions

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am in need of a PQR for ASME SA 387Gr P5 (P NO 5B) covering thickness range of 5.0 to 10.0mm.
: Can any one help me for that ?
: Pankaj Joshi

G.Madhesan
Consultant, Welding ýnspector/QAQC inspector
CHENNAI UNIVERSITY, Turkey, Joined Nov 2004, 10

G.Madhesan

Consultant, Welding ýnspector/QAQC inspector
CHENNAI UNIVERSITY,
Turkey,
Joined Nov 2004
04:48 Dec-29-2007
You may refer the ASME Sec. IX QW420 and 422.You can get all informations for your PQR.This is the best way.

---------- Start Original Message -----------
: : I am in need of a PQR for ASME SA 387Gr P5 (P NO 5B) covering thickness range of 5.0 to 10.0mm.
: : Can any one help me for that ?
: : Pankaj Joshi
: asme IX would be the best place to start

Product Spotlight

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window