where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Vallen-Systeme GmbH
The Acoustic Emission Company! Since 1987 Vallen stands for competence and continuity in AE and for reliable business cooperation and support.
Technical Discussions
Pankaj Joshi
NDT Inspector
Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd, India, Joined Jan 2005, 2

Pankaj Joshi

NDT Inspector
Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd,
India,
Joined Jan 2005
06:33 Dec-28-2007
PQR

I am in need of a PQR for ASME SA 387Gr P5 (P NO 5B) covering thickness range of 5.0 to 10.0mm.
Can any one help me for that ?

Pankaj Joshi

chris s
chris s
07:23 Dec-28-2007
Re: PQR
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am in need of a PQR for ASME SA 387Gr P5 (P NO 5B) covering thickness range of 5.0 to 10.0mm.
: Can any one help me for that ?
: Pankaj Joshi
------------ End Original Message ------------

asme IX would be the best place to start

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1274

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
09:56 Dec-28-2007
Pankaj, PQR abbreviates Procedure Qualification Records and relates to WELDING and not NDT. Why is your question posted on the NDT.net forum?

I believe that Nigel Armstrong has already today pointed out that "This is an NDT forum, members cannot be expected to have sound knowledge of Code welding rules."
I suggest you look for Welding forums for answers to your's and similar questions

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am in need of a PQR for ASME SA 387Gr P5 (P NO 5B) covering thickness range of 5.0 to 10.0mm.
: Can any one help me for that ?
: Pankaj Joshi

G.Madhesan
Consultant, Welding ýnspector/QAQC inspector
CHENNAI UNIVERSITY, Turkey, Joined Nov 2004, 10

G.Madhesan

Consultant, Welding ýnspector/QAQC inspector
CHENNAI UNIVERSITY,
Turkey,
Joined Nov 2004
04:48 Dec-29-2007
You may refer the ASME Sec. IX QW420 and 422.You can get all informations for your PQR.This is the best way.

---------- Start Original Message -----------
: : I am in need of a PQR for ASME SA 387Gr P5 (P NO 5B) covering thickness range of 5.0 to 10.0mm.
: : Can any one help me for that ?
: : Pankaj Joshi
: asme IX would be the best place to start

Product Spotlight

Surf-X® Array Probe

Introducing the Surf-X family of flexible Eddy Current Array (ECA) probes. Featuring unique multiple
coil sets and proprietary X-PROBE technology, Surf-X array probes can quickly and accurately handle a range of inspection applications, from inspecting corrosion or cracking in pipes, pressure vessels, or tanks, to assessing and sizing cracks in raised welds and friction stir welds.
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window