where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Pankaj Joshi
NDT Inspector
Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd, India, Joined Jan 2005, 2

Pankaj Joshi

NDT Inspector
Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd,
India,
Joined Jan 2005
06:33 Dec-28-2007
PQR

I am in need of a PQR for ASME SA 387Gr P5 (P NO 5B) covering thickness range of 5.0 to 10.0mm.
Can any one help me for that ?

Pankaj Joshi

chris s
chris s
07:23 Dec-28-2007
Re: PQR
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am in need of a PQR for ASME SA 387Gr P5 (P NO 5B) covering thickness range of 5.0 to 10.0mm.
: Can any one help me for that ?
: Pankaj Joshi
------------ End Original Message ------------

asme IX would be the best place to start

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1304

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
09:56 Dec-28-2007
Pankaj, PQR abbreviates Procedure Qualification Records and relates to WELDING and not NDT. Why is your question posted on the NDT.net forum?

I believe that Nigel Armstrong has already today pointed out that "This is an NDT forum, members cannot be expected to have sound knowledge of Code welding rules."
I suggest you look for Welding forums for answers to your's and similar questions

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am in need of a PQR for ASME SA 387Gr P5 (P NO 5B) covering thickness range of 5.0 to 10.0mm.
: Can any one help me for that ?
: Pankaj Joshi

G.Madhesan
Consultant, Welding ýnspector/QAQC inspector
CHENNAI UNIVERSITY, Turkey, Joined Nov 2004, 10

G.Madhesan

Consultant, Welding ýnspector/QAQC inspector
CHENNAI UNIVERSITY,
Turkey,
Joined Nov 2004
04:48 Dec-29-2007
You may refer the ASME Sec. IX QW420 and 422.You can get all informations for your PQR.This is the best way.

---------- Start Original Message -----------
: : I am in need of a PQR for ASME SA 387Gr P5 (P NO 5B) covering thickness range of 5.0 to 10.0mm.
: : Can any one help me for that ?
: : Pankaj Joshi
: asme IX would be the best place to start

Product Spotlight

Extended Range Variable Wall® Piping Calibration Blocks for Longseam Inspection

This set of two blocks has been specially designed for situations where ultrasonic examination tak
es place circumferentially or “around the curve” for applications such as inspection of longseam welds in piping and vessels. Jointly designed by PH Tool and Holloway NDT, the blocks feature side-drilled hole reflectors positioned within novel compound-curves, each with multiple thickness steps. The unique design results in a light and compact form factor, with the largest block weighing just over 15 lbs and spanning just 16 ¾”. Coverage is provided for nominal pipe sizes from 6” to 10” in the small block and 12” to a whopping 56” in the large block. The compound OD curves and multiple wall thicknesses actually exceed ASME requirements, providing exceptional signal response and measurement accuracy. Properly managing beam divergence off the ID and stabilizing beam skew due to probe rocking is essential to maintaining a consistent calibration when inspecting lengthwise on curved surfaces.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Scatter Correction for Industrial Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)

Download our white paper on Scatter Correction for Industrial Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
Using 3D VSHARP, a fast GPU-Based Linear Boltzmann Transport Equation Solver here: http://bit.ly/2Y0t78P
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window