where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
john
john
01:10 Jan-10-2008
how to design wedge for small diameter pipe inspection

I want to use PA to inspect small diameter pipe, the diameter is 1 inch,the thickness is 5mm,the coder is said for conventional UT use 72degree shear wave and front length must less than 5mm,I want to use 10L16 PA probe,but I don't know how to design a wedge for the inspection.
Anybody like to give me some advice?
Thanks

Michael Moles
, Joined ,
05:05 Jan-11-2008
Re: how to design wedge for small diameter pipe inspection
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I want to use PA to inspect small diameter pipe, the diameter is 1 inch,the thickness is 5mm,the coder is said for conventional UT use 72degree shear wave and front length must less than 5mm,I want to use 10L16 PA probe,but I don't know how to design a wedge for the inspection.
: Anybody like to give me some advice?
: Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------
With pleasure. Contact Kirk Rager at Olympus NDT, who designs and builds special wedges. kirk.rager@olympusndt.com.

Yours, Michael Moles.

Product Spotlight

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window