where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

NOVO DR
develops and manufactures cutting edge Portable Digital Radiography X-ray Inspection Systems.

Technical Discussions
dinesh pal
dinesh pal
09:21 Jan-11-2008
problem in eddy current testing

dear all,
i m facing problem in one ET system that i usually got magnetism effect in the graph.actually i m detecting defect in metal sheet which is steel.I have 3 graph i.e. spall. pinch& magnetism which is seperated by filter ckt.

could anyone suggest me any way to bring me out from this problem

Elmar van den Elzen
Engineering,
Lismar Engineering B.V., Netherlands, Joined Aug 2000, 15

Elmar van den Elzen

Engineering,
Lismar Engineering B.V.,
Netherlands,
Joined Aug 2000
03:36 Jan-12-2008
Re: problem in eddy current testing
Dear Dinesh,

If you have magnetism signals, the first thing to do would be to check if the plate you are testing is really magnetic or not. The best would be to demagnetize the plate with a hand held unit or a demagnetizing tunnel. If you do this properly, your magnetism signals should be gone and you can see if the EC-signal is clean or if still defects are being indicated or not.

Regards, Elmar

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: dear all,
: i m facing problem in one ET system that i usually got magnetism effect in the graph.actually i m detecting defect in metal sheet which is steel.I have 3 graph i.e. spall. pinch& magnetism which is seperated by filter ckt.
: could anyone suggest me any way to bring me out from this problem
------------ End Original Message ------------

Michael Moles †2014 *1948
, Joined ,
07:35 Jan-13-2008
Re: problem in eddy current testing
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: dear all,
: i m facing problem in one ET system that i usually got magnetism effect in the graph.actually i m detecting defect in metal sheet which is steel.I have 3 graph i.e. spall. pinch& magnetism which is seperated by filter ckt.
: could anyone suggest me any way to bring me out from this problem
------------ End Original Message ------------
Have you considered using an eddy current array? They are much faster - and also give better imaging. I suggest you contact your local Olympus NDT rep.

Product Spotlight

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

I&T Nardoni

NDT, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF NEW METHODOLOGY, TRAINING CENTER I&T NARDON INSTITUTE was idiated
in 1988 by Giuseppe Nardoni, now president and owner of the company, based on his multi-annual and international experience in the field of NDT.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window