where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Accoustic emission
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

TD NDE
TD NDE. Automated Custom Ultrasonic Robotic and software solutions. Effective, Simple and Flexible solutions to meet your UT needs.

00:30 Jan-07-2000
Hamid Ben Wada
Accoustic emission

Were can i find instruments that allows vessel under high pressure inspection by accoustic emission technics.

in conformity with the french norm NF: A09-382-87.

I thank you for your advice.

04:05 Jan-10-2000
Jens Forker
Re: Accoustic emission : Were can i find instruments that allows vessel under high pressure inspection by accoustic emission technics.

: in conformity with the french norm NF: A09-382-87.
:
: I thank you for your advice.

Vallen-SYsteme is a developer and manufacturer of AE-Systems that are used for pressure
vessel tests in many countries in the world, inclusive France (e.g. by CETIM
(Senlis), Instute de Soudure, ECW and more).

Please have a look into our web www.vallen.de and let us know your full address, if you
are intersted in more information. Please give us more information about
your needs.

02:23 Jan-13-2000

Athanassios Anastassopoulos

Director, Business Development, Sales & Engineering
Mistras Group,
Greece,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: Accoustic emission : : Were can i find instruments that allows vessel under high pressure inspection by accoustic emission technics.

: : in conformity with the french norm NF: A09-382-87.
: :
: : I thank you for your advice.

High Pressure inspection requires means increased sensitivity and above all high speed. You have to be sure that you will not miss a single AE hit and at the same time have all the necessary information availlable in real time, i.e. multiple screen ALL updated in Real Time. According to my knowledge Physical Acoustics MISTRAS or the new PCI/DiSP system are the faster systems in the market. For more info, please visit www.pacndt.com. Such systems are used all over the world for F/T services and mainly industries directly involved in inspection of high pressure equipment. For more details you might wish to contact PAC at sales@pacndt.com.

07:26 Jan-13-2000
Jens Forker
Re: Accoustic emission : High Pressure inspection requires means increased sensitivity and above all high speed. You have to be sure that you will not miss a single AE hit and at the same time have all the necessary information availlable in real time, i.e. multiple screen ALL updated in Real Time. According to my knowledge Physical Acoustics MISTRAS or the new PCI/DiSP system are the faster systems in the market. For more info, please visit www.pacndt.com. Such systems are used all over the world for F/T services and mainly industries directly involved in inspection of high pressure equipment. For more details you might wish to contact PAC at sales@pacndt.com.

<<If one gets more than 50 hits/(s * channel), the system is certainly not well adjusted and interesting signals might be overlapped by noise. All modern systems perform over 5000 hits/s which is far beyond what one needs.

More distinctive is state of the art 32-bitwindows-software, helpful location algorithms, the ability to quickly address waveforms of selected hits, and more such features that help to understand the AE phenomena. See our web site at www.vallen.de and look at the descriptions of AMSY4 and VisualAE to see state of the art hardware and software for AE.

03:50 Jan-14-2000

Athanassios Anastassopoulos

Director, Business Development, Sales & Engineering
Mistras Group,
Greece,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: Accoustic emission : : High Pressure inspection requires means increased sensitivity and above all high speed. You have to be sure that you will not miss a single AE hit and at the same time have all the necessary information availlable in real time, i.e. multiple screen ALL updated in Real Time. According to my knowledge Physical Acoustics MISTRAS or the new PCI/DiSP system are the faster systems in the market. For more info, please visit www.pacndt.com. Such systems are used all over the world for F/T services and mainly industries directly involved in inspection of high pressure equipment. For more details you might wish to contact PAC at sales@pacndt.com.

: <<: If one gets more than 50 hits/(s * channel), the system is certainly not well adjusted and interesting signals might be overlapped by noise. All modern systems perform over 5000 hits/s which is far beyond what one needs.

: More distinctive is state of the art 32-bit windows-software, helpful location algorithms, the ability to quickly address waveforms of selected hits, and more such features that help to understand the AE phenomena. See our web site at www.vallen.de and look at the descriptions of AMSY4 and VisualAE to see state of the art hardware and software for AE.

Further to your comment I would like to point out:
Speed is always a distinctive point for the selection of an AE-system for any test and certainly for pressure vessel testing.

As modern practices suggest, good real time planar location is necessary, i.e. you need either to increase the #of channels or work with waveforms. In the first case, for large test of 100channels X 50hits/sec = 5000hits/sec !! Is this speed enough ? Please note that Modern Systems exist with 52channels in a single enclosure (see www.pacndt.com). For the second case (waveforms) you certainly need higher speed even for 10-20channels.

Needless to mention the case of composite pressure vessels, where 50hits/sec/channel or 5000hits/sec for all channels is slow.

Another point is the available information/screens ALL updated in real time.

04:47 Jan-14-2000

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
NDT Equipment In general was Re: Accoustic emission To save time and bandwidth can I just say on behalf of all equipment manufacturers that the parameters where our equipment is better than the competition are really important.

And of course if there were (perish the thought!) any where we weren't they wouldn't matter.

L&K to all
Joe

PAC rep says:
According to my knowledge Physical Acoustics MISTRAS or the new PCI/DiSP system are the faster systems in the market. For more info, please visit www.pacndt.com. For more details you might wish to contact PAC at sales@pacndt.com.

Vallen say
Speed is not really a distinctive point for the selection of an AE-system for pressure vessel test.
All modern systems perform over 5000 hits/s which is far beyond what one needs.

More distinctive is state of the art 32-bit windows-software, helpful location algorithms, the ability to quickly address waveforms of selected hits, and more such features that help to understand the AE phenomena. See our web site at www.vallen.de and look at the descriptions of AMSY4 and VisualAE to see state of the art hardware and software for AE.

: Further to your comment I would like to point out:
: Speed is always a distinctive point for the selection of an AE-system for any test and certainly for pressure vessel testing.

: As modern practices suggest, good real time planar location is necessary, i.e. you need either to increase the #of channels or work with waveforms. In the first case, for large test of 100channels X 50hits/sec = 5000hits/sec !! Is this speed enough ? Please note that Modern Systems exist with 52channels in a single enclosure (see www.pacndt.com). For the second case (waveforms) you certainly need higher speed even for 10-20channels.

: Needless to mention the case of composite pressure vessels, where 50hits/sec/channel or 5000hits/sec for all channels is slow.

: Another point is the available information/screens ALL updated in real time.

00:07 Jan-27-2000
Marnix Surgeon
Re: NDT Equipment In general was Re: Accoustic emission Nevertheless, if during a pressure vessel test you are recording 5000 hits/sec, then

a) You'd better run for your life because the thing is going to blow

or

b) Most of the signals you are recording is noise.

And besides, 5000 hits/sec, who is going to meaningfully (stress that word) analyse those ??

Best regards,
Marnix Surgeon

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|