where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Hillger Ing. Büro
was founded in 1984 and develops special ultrasonic imaging systems for high-tech materials.

Technical Discussions
Morteza
Morteza
02:28 Jan-23-2008
TOFD for austenitic stainless steel welds

I am doing my project about inspection of austenitic stainless steel welds. in this method there are two method for improving SNR. at the first, optimising of parameters such as mode of beam, frequency and the angel of incidence. secondly,we can apply signal processing to achived signals and then enhancement of SNR. i searched on internet and found only one paper about this. i want to know who are doing this method on anisotropic material such as austenitic steel. in fact i'd like to get more informaton about applying TOFD on this type of material. i have read some standards related to TOFD but non of them not to point to anisotropic structure. althogh at one paper i read about the use of shear wave on anisotropic without any reason and . i dont know whay .most of papers discussed in thick wall howevwr i am doing on thickness near 6 mm.

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window