where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
TOFD for austenitic stainless steel welds
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

02:28 Jan-23-2008
Morteza
TOFD for austenitic stainless steel welds

I am doing my project about inspection of austenitic stainless steel welds. in this method there are two method for improving SNR. at the first, optimising of parameters such as mode of beam, frequency and the angel of incidence. secondly,we can apply signal processing to achived signals and then enhancement of SNR. i searched on internet and found only one paper about this. i want to know who are doing this method on anisotropic material such as austenitic steel. in fact i'd like to get more informaton about applying TOFD on this type of material. i have read some standards related to TOFD but non of them not to point to anisotropic structure. althogh at one paper i read about the use of shear wave on anisotropic without any reason and . i dont know whay .most of papers discussed in thick wall howevwr i am doing on thickness near 6 mm.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|