where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Measurement of coating thickness
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Materials Research Institute
Consulting to the NDT industry.

07:19 Jan-18-2000
Dr.M.T.Shyamsunder
Measurement of coating thickness

I am looking for methods to measure the coating thickness of
aluminide (NiAl) on Inconel 718. I need to measure the coating thickness of Aluminide in the range of 50 to 100 microns with an accuracy of + / - 10 microns. ANy ideas and past experience will be helpful.

03:08 Feb-10-2000
RON PRESTON
Re: Measurement of coating thickness : TRY USING EDDY CURRENT INSPECTION. THE METHOD IS MADE FOR THIS PURPOSE.

07:15 Dec-29-2000
Vina
Re: Measurement of coating thickness : : TRY USING EDDY CURRENT INSPECTION. THE METHOD IS MADE FOR THIS PURPOSE.

I have almost the same problem, I'm doing thickness measurement of NiAl on Inconel 600 for my final year project. I've tried eddy current, it doesn't help much. The signal was too weak.
But still, maybe anybody can specify more on that, I mean what are the machine capabilities, sample requirement, etc. Thank you

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|