where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Zawada NDT
Suppliers of instruments to test steel wire ropes in-situ, using magnetic, non-destructive method.
Technical Discussions
Dr.M.T.Shyamsunder
Dr.M.T.Shyamsunder
07:19 Jan-18-2000
Measurement of coating thickness

I am looking for methods to measure the coating thickness of
aluminide (NiAl) on Inconel 718. I need to measure the coating thickness of Aluminide in the range of 50 to 100 microns with an accuracy of + / - 10 microns. ANy ideas and past experience will be helpful.

RON PRESTON
RON PRESTON
03:08 Feb-10-2000
Re: Measurement of coating thickness
: TRY USING EDDY CURRENT INSPECTION. THE METHOD IS MADE FOR THIS PURPOSE.

Vina
Vina
07:15 Dec-29-2000
Re: Measurement of coating thickness
: : TRY USING EDDY CURRENT INSPECTION. THE METHOD IS MADE FOR THIS PURPOSE.

I have almost the same problem, I'm doing thickness measurement of NiAl on Inconel 600 for my final year project. I've tried eddy current, it doesn't help much. The signal was too weak.
But still, maybe anybody can specify more on that, I mean what are the machine capabilities, sample requirement, etc. Thank you

Product Spotlight

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Eddy Current inspection : RotoETscan Rotating Head

The rotating head RotoETscan detects the presence of longitudinal surface or sub surface defects a
t high speed. The rotating head is often installed directly on the production line. It is generally dedicated to the control of long products such as tubes, bars and wires, made of ferrous or non-ferrous material. It can also be used for inspection of small parts (billets).
>

OmniScan™ X3 flaw detector

The OmniScan X3 flaw detector is a complete phased array toolbox. Powerful tools, like total focus
ing method (TFM) images and advanced visualization capabilities, enable you to complete your inspection with greater confidence.
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window