where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Carlos Martinez
Carlos Martinez
08:28 Feb-12-2008
Computed Radiography Systems

We are in the process of looking at Computed Radiography Systems and would like to hear some feed back from current users and people involved on these systems. Any information you could supply would be greatly appreciated. We didn't now what could be the best choice with the different manufacturers and the best choice of radiation source; gamma or x-ray.
thanks in advance from your help and support. Carlos Martinez-NAUMEX

--
This message was posted into the NDT.net Forum Technical Discussions.
http://www.ndt.net/wshop/forum/forum-1.htm
Please do not reply to this email.
Forum Main Page:http://www.ndt.net/wshop/forum/forum.htm

patrick
patrick
08:47 Feb-12-2008
Re: Computed Radiography Systems
As regards the radionumerique, my best opinion system is new FUJI who arrives in June, because he uses Durr NDT's 12,5µm scanner but soft which is very important is very friendly and very technical.
For the source X-ray or Gamma the two can be used, for gamma, one divides time by 2 and for X-ray everything depends resolution asked.
Good reception
Patrick
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: We are in the process of looking at Computed Radiography Systems and would like to hear some feed back from current users and people involved on these systems. Any information you could supply would be greatly appreciated. We didn't now what could be the best choice with the different manufacturers and the best choice of radiation source; gamma or x-ray.
: thanks in advance from your help and support. Carlos Martinez-NAUMEX
:
: --
: This message was posted into the NDT.net Forum Technical Discussions.
: http://www.ndt.net/wshop/forum/forum-1.htm
: Please do not reply to thisemail.
: Forum Main Page:http://www.ndt.net/wshop/forum/forum.htm
------------ End Original Message ------------

Christoph Schnitger
Christoph Schnitger
09:30 Feb-12-2008
Computed Radiography Systems

Hello,

i am quite unsure about what system you need, but if you are talking about radioskopic system or CR-Scanners ( we have these system used on stock ). We are one of the leading companies here on the german market dealing with all kind of NDT Equipment. So, please give me an idea what you are looking for and of course i can help you. Thanks Christoph

David
David
03:00 Feb-13-2008
Carlos,
Good luck to you, last year I looked at replacing film radiography on weldments and found it very difficult to get meaningful comparisons. All of the specifications are written for film type and getting correlation to (e.g. Agfa D3) was almost impossible. When I eventually made some sense of the matter the cost of the number of imaging plates required for field use was prohibitive. We exist in a cut throat environment with slim margins.
That combined with the hassle of going back to all the customers to convince them that the results would be comparable and that they should amend their specifications led me to abandon the project for the time being. I'm sure for in house applications where you need less plates and have less chance of damage it would work well but economically I could not justify all the extra work that had to be put in. Maybe I'll come back to it in a year or two. It will make sense on environmental concerns, storage of images, more interpretation options, and reduced exposure times but is not yet ready for my applications.

---------- Start Original Message -----------
: We are in the process of looking at Computed Radiography Systems and would like to hear some feed back from current users and people involved on these systems. Any information you could supply would be greatly appreciated. We didn't now what could be the best choice with the different manufacturers and the best choice of radiation source; gamma or x-ray.
:
: Please do not reply to this email.

bob sudharmin
Engineering, Reliability and Integrity Eng
Shell Malaysia Trading, Malaysia, Joined Jan 2008, 54

bob sudharmin

Engineering, Reliability and Integrity Eng
Shell Malaysia Trading,
Malaysia,
Joined Jan 2008
04:24 Feb-13-2008
Currently I know of 2 companies at my locality having this Computed Radiograhy Systems ie Lott Inspection and Velosi. Maybe you can do a google search on their profiles. Basically, the radiography procedure is still the same except that the image is not captured on hardcopy films, but digitally. As such, in terms of quality, the choice of gamma or X-ray is dependent on owner/user plus site feasibility. The advantage of CR is that the digital image can be enhanced and thus is quite useful for profile checks. However, for weld quality and interpretation of defects, take note that CR image can be adulterated and may be subjected to arguments.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
:
: Please do not reply to this email.

Product Spotlight

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window