where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
Design and manufacture ultrasonic Transducers, Scanners and Custom Solutions for NDT inspections. Innovators in NDT technology

Technical Discussions
Azhar
NDT Engineer
Panama, Joined May 2006, 17

Azhar

NDT Engineer
Panama,
Joined May 2006
00:17 Feb-17-2008
Information redarding Material

During the NDT inspection of a pump shaft key I rejected the key due to cracking. The material of the key was A276 - 316. Now to machine a new key material 316 is not available
My question is that can we use SS 316L, 304, or 304L instead of SS316 or what is the better alternate.

Thanks & Regards
Muhammad Azhar Jamil Khan

Collin Maloney
NDT Inspector, - Plant Inspector
Applus RTD, Australia, Joined Nov 2000, 147

Collin Maloney

NDT Inspector, - Plant Inspector
Applus RTD,
Australia,
Joined Nov 2000
06:19 Feb-23-2008
Re: Information redarding Material
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: During the NDT inspection of a pump shaft key I rejected the key due to cracking. The material of the key was A276 - 316. Now to machine a new key material 316 is not available
: My question is that can we use SS 316L, 304, or 304L instead of SS316 or what is the better alternate.
:
: Thanks & Regards
: Muhammad Azhar Jamil Khan
------------ End Original Message ------------

Azhar
The info you have quoted is for 316 S/Steel bar stock. I would suggest that you need to find out the shear strength for A276-316 and find a comparable material on that basis. I think that you will find that 316 plate is Ok!

Product Spotlight

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window