where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE
The Ultrasound Institute can develop new advanced ultrasonic measurement, imaging and NDT techniques for non-conventional applications.
Technical Discussions
Azhar
NDT Engineer
Panama, Joined May 2006, 17

Azhar

NDT Engineer
Panama,
Joined May 2006
00:17 Feb-17-2008
Information redarding Material

During the NDT inspection of a pump shaft key I rejected the key due to cracking. The material of the key was A276 - 316. Now to machine a new key material 316 is not available
My question is that can we use SS 316L, 304, or 304L instead of SS316 or what is the better alternate.

Thanks & Regards
Muhammad Azhar Jamil Khan

Collin Maloney
NDT Inspector, - Plant Inspector
Applus RTD, Australia, Joined Nov 2000, 147

Collin Maloney

NDT Inspector, - Plant Inspector
Applus RTD,
Australia,
Joined Nov 2000
06:19 Feb-23-2008
Re: Information redarding Material
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: During the NDT inspection of a pump shaft key I rejected the key due to cracking. The material of the key was A276 - 316. Now to machine a new key material 316 is not available
: My question is that can we use SS 316L, 304, or 304L instead of SS316 or what is the better alternate.
:
: Thanks & Regards
: Muhammad Azhar Jamil Khan
------------ End Original Message ------------

Azhar
The info you have quoted is for 316 S/Steel bar stock. I would suggest that you need to find out the shear strength for A276-316 and find a comparable material on that basis. I think that you will find that 316 plate is Ok!

Product Spotlight

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window