where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
Design and manufacture ultrasonic Transducers, Scanners and Custom Solutions for NDT inspections. Innovators in NDT technology

Technical Discussions
Azhar
NDT Engineer
Panama, Joined May 2006, 17

Azhar

NDT Engineer
Panama,
Joined May 2006
00:17 Feb-17-2008
Information redarding Material

During the NDT inspection of a pump shaft key I rejected the key due to cracking. The material of the key was A276 - 316. Now to machine a new key material 316 is not available
My question is that can we use SS 316L, 304, or 304L instead of SS316 or what is the better alternate.

Thanks & Regards
Muhammad Azhar Jamil Khan

Collin Maloney
NDT Inspector, - Plant Inspector
Applus RTD, Australia, Joined Nov 2000, 147

Collin Maloney

NDT Inspector, - Plant Inspector
Applus RTD,
Australia,
Joined Nov 2000
06:19 Feb-23-2008
Re: Information redarding Material
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: During the NDT inspection of a pump shaft key I rejected the key due to cracking. The material of the key was A276 - 316. Now to machine a new key material 316 is not available
: My question is that can we use SS 316L, 304, or 304L instead of SS316 or what is the better alternate.
:
: Thanks & Regards
: Muhammad Azhar Jamil Khan
------------ End Original Message ------------

Azhar
The info you have quoted is for 316 S/Steel bar stock. I would suggest that you need to find out the shear strength for A276-316 and find a comparable material on that basis. I think that you will find that 316 plate is Ok!

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s