An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non
Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography.
Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the
aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects
several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of
using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design
2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX
3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66)
4. Ruggedized housing
5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress
6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle
easy to keep clean)
7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass
8. 3-Axis encoder input
Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for
the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection
defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection
sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non-
destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even
to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.