where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Ultrasonic Sciences Ltd
We specialize in the design and manufacture of automated and semi-automated ultrasonic testing systems, including multi axis, multi channels systems and phased array electronics.

Technical Discussions
Mohammed Shafie
Mohammed Shafie
01:48 Jan-28-2000
Degassing Water

Dear Sir/Madam,
I was wondering if anyone can provide me with information
on ways to degass water. thank you
Cheers

Mohammed Shafie
McGill University
Civil Engineering Department
tel.: (514) 398-8313
fax: (514) 398-7361

Robert (Rocky) A. Day
Engineering
Milky Way Jewels, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 40

Robert (Rocky) A. Day

Engineering
Milky Way Jewels,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
01:17 Jan-29-2000
Re: Degassing Water

John Rutter
John Rutter
01:45 Jan-29-2000
Heating (see Rocky's post) or allowing to stand for several days helps get rid of the excess air dissolved in cold tap water.

Alternately, Sonotech sells a wetting agent specifically for accelerating the offgassing of water in immersion tanks. The product name is Echowet. FWIW, it also helps couple the water to dirty or oily parts, allowing better acoustic coupling as a result.

Good luck,
John

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1261

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
03:17 Jan-29-2000
I used to work in a facility where we used a fair bit of degassed water.
I recall filling a steel tank about 30cm diameter holding about 100 litres.
This had a flat Perspex top that fit over the top after filling (a gasket and clamps secured the Perspex that was about 3cm thick).
A Tee fitting was drilled through the Perspex and we had a water hose affixed to either side of straight branch of the Tee.
Water passed through the Tee and the Venturi effect pulled a good vacuum.
We would watch the water surface through the Perspex until the bubbles stopped and a reasonable degassing was achieved.

Ed

: Dear Sir/Madam,
: I was wondering if anyone can provide me with information
: on ways to degass water. thank you
: Cheers

: Mohammed Shafie
: McGill University
: Civil Engineering Department
: tel.: (514) 398-8313
: fax: (514) 398-7361

Wieslaw Bicz
Wieslaw Bicz
06:48 Jan-29-2000
: Dear Sir/Madam,
: I was wondering if anyone can provide me with information
: on ways to degass water. thank you
: Cheers

There is also the possibility to use ultrasonic waves with enough power to cause cavitation.
This works very quickly and very good (not only with water, but also with even very viscous fluids).

Wieslaw Bicz

http://www.optel.com.pl

Product Spotlight

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window