where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Mario Belo
NDT Inspection
Trenes Buenos Aires, Argentina, Joined Jan 2000, 7

Mario Belo

NDT Inspection
Trenes Buenos Aires,
Argentina,
Joined Jan 2000
02:45 Jan-31-2000
Railways axis

Dear Friends:

I'd wish you to send me some information or recomendation about Ultrasonic and magnetic particles Testings applied to Railway-Axis inspection.

Best regards
Mario Belo

Udo Schlengermann
Consultant, -
Standards Consulting, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 182

Udo Schlengermann

Consultant, -
Standards Consulting,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
02:16 Feb-01-2000
Re: Railways axis
reply by Udo Schlengermann
(uschlengermann@krautkramer.de)

Some information on ultrasonic testing of railway axles:
It makes a big difference
- wether you have to test new axles for internal defects
- or wether you have to make an inservice inspection looking for cracks.

For the second kind of inspection you need information on the axle type and shape, and where cracks are to be expected (under wheels or bearings,
or braking discs). It makes a difference wether axles are used on traction vehicles or on rolling wheelsets.
Most specifications for ultrasonic inservice inspection of axles are published by national railway companies.

For testing new axles there are a lot of internationally used specifications, e.g.

- ISO 1005-3
Railway rolling stock material - Axles for tractive and trailing stock - Quality requirements.

- ISO 5948
Railway rolling stock material - Ultrasonic acceptance testing.

- EN 13261 (draft)
Railways - Wheelsets and bogies - Axles - Product requirements.

- AAR
Manual of standards and recommended practices, (M10) chapter 18: Inspection

- ASTM A21
Standard specification for standard steel axles, non-heat treated and heat treated for railway use

Kind regards
Udo Schlengermann
++++++++++++++++

: Dear Friends:

: I'd wish you to send me some information or recomendation about Ultrasonic and magnetic particles Testings applied to Railway-Axis inspection.
:
: Best regards
: Mario Belo

Christoph Schnitger
Christoph Schnitger
09:32 Feb-02-2000
Re: Railways axis
Hello Mario,

some days ago i buy used equipment for ultrasonic testing of railways axis ( Krautkrämer probes with
test block for just.etc ).
Now i want to sell it, if you are interessted in buying the equipment,...no problem....at first please
contact me....i will sent some pics via Mail !

Do not hesitate to contact me !
C.Schnitger

Product Spotlight

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

A1525 SOLO

A1525 Solo – the most compact and affordable TMF unit with two phased array transducers and 3D v
isualization and analysis software in standard delivery set. A compact, ergonomic and easy to handheld Phased Array unit based on Total Focusing Method for easy-going imaging of inspection objects with two-dimensional and three-dimensional visualization and evaluation of inspection results.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window