where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Chris Boyd
Chris Boyd
00:52 Mar-07-2008
MRI on composites

I have been tasked to find an article or any information regarding Magnetic Resonance Imagery on composites, specifically focused on defect measurement. I have been trawling through google results for a while and cant seem to find anything relevant. If anyone out there can help or even give me a bit of advice it would really be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Chris Boyd

Godfrey Hands
Engineering,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 288

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
09:53 Mar-07-2008
Re: MRI on composites
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I have been tasked to find an article or any information regarding Magnetic Resonance Imagery on composites, specifically focused on defect measurement. I have been trawling through google results for a while and cant seem to find anything relevant. If anyone out there can help or even give me a bit of advice it would really be appreciated.
: Thanks in advance,
: Chris Boyd
------------ End Original Message ------------

Chris,
Is this a misunderstanding of terminology?
There are several "RESONANCE" applications within Composite inspection, but I have not come across MRI as a technique on composites. Could however be some applications there, so I would be interested if there are.

Godfrey Hands

Simon Amallraja
Simon Amallraja
07:05 Mar-07-2008
: : I have been tasked to find an article or any information regarding Magnetic Resonance Imagery on composites, specifically focused on defect measurement. I have been trawling through google results for a while and cant seem to find anything relevant. If anyone out there can help or even give me a bit of advice it would really be appreciated.
: : Thanks in advance,
: : Chris Boyd
: Chris,
: Is this a misunderstanding of terminology?
: There are several "RESONANCE" applications within Composite inspection, but I have not come across MRI as a technique on composites. Could however be some applications there, so I would be interested if there are.
: Godfrey Hands

I think QNET, GmbH has One Side Access Magnetic Resonance Method Instrument for attenuating materials. Not specifically for Composites. Check up with them. www.qnet.com.

Simon Amallraja

Chris Boyd
Chris Boyd
03:48 Mar-09-2008
: : : I have been tasked to find an article or any information regarding Magnetic Resonance Imagery on composites, specifically focused on defect measurement. I have been trawling through google results for a while and cant seem to find anything relevant. If anyone out there can help or even give me a bit of advice it would really be appreciated.
: : : Thanks in advance,
: : : Chris Boyd
: : Chris,
: : Is this a misunderstanding of terminology?
: : There are several "RESONANCE" applications within Composite inspection, but I have not come across MRI as a technique on composites. Could however be some applications there, so I would be interested if there are.
: : Godfrey Hands
: I think QNET, GmbH has One Side Access Magnetic Resonance Method Instrument for attenuating materials. Not specifically for Composites. Check up with them. www.qnet.com.
: Simon Amallraja

Thanks to Godfrey andSimon for your help. It sounds like relatively new technology and I'm only new to the game myself. I think that they're pulling the plug on it anyway.
Thank you for your help again.
Chris.

David Forsyth
R & D
TRI/Austin, USA, Joined Nov 2001, 41

David Forsyth

R & D
TRI/Austin,
USA,
Joined Nov 2001
09:36 Mar-11-2008
A few years ago, the University of New Brunswick (Canada) did some work using real MRI equipment on composite aircraft structure, go the this URL
http://www.unb.ca/fredericton/science/physics/mri/

And scroll down to year 2005. I do not know if this is still being funded.

Dave.

Product Spotlight

Webinar: FMC & Advanced Focusing Techniques for Improved Ultrasonic Inspections

Phased array ultrasound is now a commonly accepted inspection technology. Now there is excitement ar
ound new techniques in Phased Array: Full Matrix Capture (FMC) & Total Focusing Method (TFM). Our webinar on December 5 & 6 will illustrate how these techniques, implemented on a TOPAZ64 instrument, can improve the results of existing inspections. Register today.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window