where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
LY
LY
02:17 Mar-13-2008
METAL COMPOSITION

What is (ST-35-K) metal chemical chart? I can not fined the chart for this type of metal. I look for steel chemical chart and composition property and come up emty. Can any one point me in the right direction?

Thank you
Ly

Varayuth Saksri
, NDT.Operation Manager
DNT Inspection Service Co.,LTd., Thailand, Joined Feb 2008, 4

Varayuth Saksri

, NDT.Operation Manager
DNT Inspection Service Co.,LTd.,
Thailand,
Joined Feb 2008
09:41 Mar-13-2008
Re: METAL COMPOSITION
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: What is (ST-35-K) metal chemical chart? I can not fined the chart for this type of metal. I look for steel chemical chart and composition property and come up emty. Can any one point me in the right direction?
: Thank you
: Ly
------------ End Original Message ------------

ST-35 is Tubes for General and Structural Applications.(DIN 2391-2)
the composition are C = 017, Mn = >0.40, Si = 0.35, P =0.025, S = 0.025.
Ref.From. HANDBOOK OF COMPARATIVE WORLD STEEL STANDARDS
Second Edition
John E.Bringas, Editor

Product Spotlight

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window