where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE
The Ultrasound Institute can develop new advanced ultrasonic measurement, imaging and NDT techniques for non-conventional applications.

Technical Discussions
anas
anas
08:29 Mar-17-2008
NDT exam question

I enterd my company NDT exam and I faced question I couldnt give answer for it regarding dye pentrant for aviation ? I get 71% fail so please help
are my answer correct
1- Are the black light and UV light the same or diffrent ? my answer was diffrent
2-titanuim inspetion use which type of dye?my answer was florocent
3- which matarial pest inspected with dye (para magmetic-hard steel -alcladed aluminum) my answer para magnetic

Alejandro García
Alejandro García
09:59 Mar-17-2008
Re: NDT exam question
UV light means electromagnetic radiation from 200nm to 400nm wavelenght (under 200nm you have vacum UV).
Black light is comonly used to refer to the UVA (UV band A light), this is from 315nm to 400nm, wich is the used for the fluorescent tests (with the peak in 365nm, that is the wavelenght that allows the fluorescence fenomenum)

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I enterd my company NDT exam and I faced question I couldnt give answer for it regarding dye pentrant for aviation ? I get 71% fail so please help
: are my answer correct
: 1- Are the black light and UV light the same or diffrent ? my answer was diffrent
: 2-titanuim inspetion use which type of dye?my answer was florocent
: 3- which matarial pest inspected with dye (para magmetic-hard steel -alcladed aluminum) my answer para magnetic
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Ceram 35P (Panoramic)

The Ceram 35P is the panoramic brand new portable generators designed by Balteau NDT and is offeri
ng no less than 300kV, 5mA and 100% duty cycle for an incredible image contrast even at full power. It will will surely become a reference as it can be classified as a high power portable unit and can be operated with our CF2000 control unit but also with our well known Hand-X Wireless Remote Control.
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

EPOCH 6LT

The EPOCH 6LT flaw detector is optimized for one-handed operation in rope access and high-portab
ility applications. Lightweight with a grip-oriented weight distribution, the instrument fits securely in a user’s hand or can be strapped to their leg using the rope access accessory kit. The clear, bright screen makes A-scans readable in any light while the intuitive software enables fast navigation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s