where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Iris Inspection Services, Inc.
We are the world's largest supplier of air cooler, boiler and exchanger tubing inspection services.
Technical Discussions
anas
anas
08:29 Mar-17-2008
NDT exam question

I enterd my company NDT exam and I faced question I couldnt give answer for it regarding dye pentrant for aviation ? I get 71% fail so please help
are my answer correct
1- Are the black light and UV light the same or diffrent ? my answer was diffrent
2-titanuim inspetion use which type of dye?my answer was florocent
3- which matarial pest inspected with dye (para magmetic-hard steel -alcladed aluminum) my answer para magnetic

Alejandro García
Alejandro García
09:59 Mar-17-2008
Re: NDT exam question
UV light means electromagnetic radiation from 200nm to 400nm wavelenght (under 200nm you have vacum UV).
Black light is comonly used to refer to the UVA (UV band A light), this is from 315nm to 400nm, wich is the used for the fluorescent tests (with the peak in 365nm, that is the wavelenght that allows the fluorescence fenomenum)

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I enterd my company NDT exam and I faced question I couldnt give answer for it regarding dye pentrant for aviation ? I get 71% fail so please help
: are my answer correct
: 1- Are the black light and UV light the same or diffrent ? my answer was diffrent
: 2-titanuim inspetion use which type of dye?my answer was florocent
: 3- which matarial pest inspected with dye (para magmetic-hard steel -alcladed aluminum) my answer para magnetic
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window