where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
NDT exam question
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

08:29 Mar-17-2008
anas
NDT exam question

I enterd my company NDT exam and I faced question I couldnt give answer for it regarding dye pentrant for aviation ? I get 71% fail so please help
are my answer correct
1- Are the black light and UV light the same or diffrent ? my answer was diffrent
2-titanuim inspetion use which type of dye?my answer was florocent
3- which matarial pest inspected with dye (para magmetic-hard steel -alcladed aluminum) my answer para magnetic

09:59 Mar-17-2008
Alejandro García
Re: NDT exam question UV light means electromagnetic radiation from 200nm to 400nm wavelenght (under 200nm you have vacum UV).
Black light is comonly used to refer to the UVA (UV band A light), this is from 315nm to 400nm, wich is the used for the fluorescent tests (with the peak in 365nm, that is the wavelenght that allows the fluorescence fenomenum)

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I enterd my company NDT exam and I faced question I couldnt give answer for it regarding dye pentrant for aviation ? I get 71% fail so please help
: are my answer correct
: 1- Are the black light and UV light the same or diffrent ? my answer was diffrent
: 2-titanuim inspetion use which type of dye?my answer was florocent
: 3- which matarial pest inspected with dye (para magmetic-hard steel -alcladed aluminum) my answer para magnetic
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|