where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Jindao / Rontgen Xray tube durability
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

06:22 Mar-27-2008

Tim Fidler

NDT Inspector,
Company,
New Zealand,
Joined Mar 2008
Jindao / Rontgen Xray tube durability

Gentlemen,

I am looking at purchasing an industrial xray system in nxt little while.

Given I have only USD 12-15K to spend it boils down to say a used Rigaku type of unit or perhaps a new Chinese made tube.

I have had some email traffic with the salesman (Strong Wang) of the "xraycenter" manufacturer in northern China and this system appears to be "the real deal", with some sold to the US and India. However I cannot get a user list from the manufacturer so I have no data on real durability of equipment.

The full name of the company is -

Roentgen X-ray Technology Co.,LTD of
Dandong ,China (see www ref. below)

They also call themselves Jindao

Does anyone on the list have any experience with this gear -(specifically the 160kV or 200kV tubes) or have constructive comments to make ?? Do they use Comet type tubes internally or something only available in China and therefore hard to source, in the worst case ??

The after-sales service is on basis of "you pay for return to China and we fix, if within warranty."

I asked for drawings and were sent what appear to be hand drafted old fashioned blueprints of a Rigaku (Japanese) machine - we have a beaten up one here "in the flesh " so to speak. I have however seen what are purported to be photos of the manufactured machine

english:http://www.xraycenter.cn here XXG2005 is RG-CXDE2005.

The manual I was sent is written in Chinglish but is understandable.
This lack of finish on the technical documentation is of some concern.

regards,

Tim Fidler (AINDT level 2 radiographer) Australia/NZ

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|