where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

EXTENDE
EXTENDE, optimize your NDT inspections projects thanks to simulation.

Technical Discussions
Tim Fidler
NDT Inspector,
Company, New Zealand, Joined Mar 2008, 3

Tim Fidler

NDT Inspector,
Company,
New Zealand,
Joined Mar 2008
06:22 Mar-27-2008
Jindao / Rontgen Xray tube durability

Gentlemen,

I am looking at purchasing an industrial xray system in nxt little while.

Given I have only USD 12-15K to spend it boils down to say a used Rigaku type of unit or perhaps a new Chinese made tube.

I have had some email traffic with the salesman (Strong Wang) of the "xraycenter" manufacturer in northern China and this system appears to be "the real deal", with some sold to the US and India. However I cannot get a user list from the manufacturer so I have no data on real durability of equipment.

The full name of the company is -

Roentgen X-ray Technology Co.,LTD of
Dandong ,China (see www ref. below)

They also call themselves Jindao

Does anyone on the list have any experience with this gear -(specifically the 160kV or 200kV tubes) or have constructive comments to make ?? Do they use Comet type tubes internally or something only available in China and therefore hard to source, in the worst case ??

The after-sales service is on basis of "you pay for return to China and we fix, if within warranty."

I asked for drawings and were sent what appear to be hand drafted old fashioned blueprints of a Rigaku (Japanese) machine - we have a beaten up one here "in the flesh " so to speak. I have however seen what are purported to be photos of the manufactured machine

english:http://www.xraycenter.cn here XXG2005 is RG-CXDE2005.

The manual I was sent is written in Chinglish but is understandable.
This lack of finish on the technical documentation is of some concern.

regards,

Tim Fidler (AINDT level 2 radiographer) Australia/NZ

Product Spotlight

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

ISAFE3 Intrinsically Safe Sensor System

ISAFE3 intrinsically safe sensor system of Vallen Systeme is especially targeted at the petrochemica
l - as well as oil and gas transportation industry. The sensor system is designed for permanent monitoring or periodic inspection tasks. Sensors are available for different AE-frequency ranges optimized for corrosion and fatigue crack detection and other applications. The ISAFE 3 sensor system consists of an AE-sensor (model ISAS3) certified according to ATEX/IEC for installation in zone 0, gas group IIC, IP68, 20 to +60 °C, and a signal isolator (model SISO3) certified for installation in zone 2. An ISAS3 sensor can be mounted in atmosphere or submerged, e.g. in water or crude oil. It is supported by mounting tools for temporary (magnets) or permanent (welded) installation. ISAFE3 supports automatic sensor coupling test and can be used with any AE signal processor supporting 28V supply at 90 mA peak, e.g. Vallen Systeme ASIP-2/A.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window