where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Zawada NDT
Suppliers of instruments to test steel wire ropes in-situ, using magnetic, non-destructive method.
Technical Discussions
vicente domingo encina
NDT Inspector
Bureau Veritas Chile, Chile, Joined Apr 2008, 1

vicente domingo encina

NDT Inspector
Bureau Veritas Chile,
Chile,
Joined Apr 2008
01:06 Apr-07-2008
Ultrasonic test in HDPE

Hi colleagues of NDT, please, i need information, about ultrasonis test in HDPE"s piping, since some years behind use the ASTM F 600 that already is not used: I have my doubts with regard to the use of the UT with the equipments and conventional transducer used for carbon steel.
Thanks

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 608

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
02:46 Apr-10-2008
Re: Ultrasonic test in HDPE
In NDT.net you find some articles of this topic:

Insight 2007-02
Ultrasonic phased array inspection of electrofusion joints in polyethylene pipes
D. Caravaca, C. Bird, D. Kleiner
TWI Ltd, Cambridge [United Kingdom]
http://www.ndt.net/article/insight/papers/insi.49.2.83.pdf

ECNDT 2006-09
THE ULTRASONIC PHASED ARRAY INSPECTION OF ELECTROFUSION JOINTS IN POLYETHYLENE PIPES
C. Bird, D. Caravaca, D. Kleiner
http://www.ndt.net/article/ecndt2006/doc/Mo.2.6.2.pdf

NDT.net 1996-04
UT and X-Ray NDT of Butt Fusion Welds in PE Pipe, Overview
G. Georgiou, I. Munns
http://www.ndt.net/article/twi/twi.htm

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi colleagues of NDT, please, i need information, about ultrasonis test in HDPE"s piping, since some years behind use the ASTM F 600 that already is not used: I have my doubts with regard to the use of the UT with the equipments and conventional transducer used for carbon steel.
: Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

A.Ahmadi
A.Ahmadi
14:52 Jun-22-2011
In Reply to Rolf Diederichs at 02:46 Apr-10-2008 .

Dear sir,
my company need buy 1 unit for test hdpe electro fusion fittings 25-160mm

best regards

coolguy
coolguy
15:29 Jun-22-2011
In Reply to A.Ahmadi at 14:52 Jun-22-2011 .

Hello Buddy,

You may contact Olympus NDT as they have already conducted some R7D of these tests.

Please find the link below

http://www.olympus-ims.com/en/applications/ultrasonic-tofd-butt-fusion/

You can contact carl.mercier@olympusndt.com

Christoph Schnitger
Christoph Schnitger
19:22 Jun-22-2011
In Reply to A.Ahmadi at 14:52 Jun-22-2011 .

Dear Sirs,

since 2004 we are offering this kind of UT equipment here on the german market. We used a special kind of phased array system; - it is also a question to have the right probe !

We have this system on stock for different HDPE piping, different wall thicknesses and also
adapters for different fitting styles.

Raul Leon
Raul Leon
01:59 Nov-02-2011
In Reply to vicente domingo encina at 01:06 Apr-07-2008 (Opening).

We have been using TOFD and Phased Array techniques to test joints in HDPE since 2004 in the mining and petrochemical markets. We had, so far, no failures on joints inspected with this methodology and using acceptance and reject criteria developed by large engineering corporations which we have worked in the past. These techniques are getting better with time, and we believe that the codes will include some of these techniques in the future.

Meh Iskandar
Meh Iskandar
20:50 Nov-06-2011
In Reply to vicente domingo encina at 01:06 Apr-07-2008 (Opening).

Hi Encina,

There is a company named "KNDT" that offers some products for your work. It has the worth to see this too.
http://www.kndt.co.kr/us/aim33.htm

It seems that the lack of worldwide accepted code is the main problem in using PA UT in the application of HDPE's inspection.

Good luck

Product Spotlight

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window