where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
any information about NDT by AE
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

06:37 Apr-13-2008
amir
any information about NDT by AE

Hi everybody,
Do you know how much AE is developed in Asia particulary west asia?
I don't know if they used AE as a NDT method for their industries or not?
regards

03:10 Apr-13-2008

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: any information about NDT by AE Its a big question and you may want to define West Asia. I am assuming you are talking about from the East side of the Persian Gulf down to Myanmar as west asia.

You probably need to have a dialogue with major AE suppliers such as Physical Acoustics, Envirocoustics, Holyoyd and Vallen as well as major academic institutions in the region. The use of AE will probably be found to be variable across industry sectors. In the Hydrocarbon Industry AE is utilised in Iran, India and Pakistan on a wide range of pressure vessels, storage tanks and piping. I know some of the Tehran Universities are doing research work in the field. Countries with a strong and diverse industrial base such as India have a broader use and are using it in aerospace, conventional and nuclear power stations. As you move down into south east asia the applications become more diverse and when you get into Japan you will find a wide application of the technology.

Development of the technology in some parts of the region is restricted as some of the AE technology is export restricted.

the other part is that your question may need to be refined as many people see AE as a condition monitoring technique rather than pure NDT and as such may not realise that some, applications are AE based.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|