where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON International GmbH
Technical Discussions
Tom
Tom
04:42 Apr-15-2008
Eddy Current Probes

I have an old eddy current (single coil - absolute) probe that I found recently at my company. I don't have any information on the probe. I was wondering how I could find the operating frequency of this probe. What happens if I operate it at higher frequency and lower frequency?

Thanks

Alisher Tadjiev
NDT Inspector
Uzbekistan Airways Technics, Uzbekistan, Joined Mar 2005, 8

Alisher Tadjiev

NDT Inspector
Uzbekistan Airways Technics,
Uzbekistan,
Joined Mar 2005
04:37 Apr-16-2008
Re: Eddy Current Probes
Be carefull - lower frequency can burn the coil of probe
Use 2MHz as central frequency and using Sloted Standard (Hocking 29A029 for example) try to find out better response using "F" controls. In probe central frequency you will get Higher responce.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I have an old eddy current (single coil - absolute) probe that I found recently at my company. I don't have any information on the probe. I was wondering how I could find the operating frequency of this probe. What happens if I operate it at higher frequency and lower frequency?
: Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

Mick Hodgson
Mick Hodgson
03:36 Apr-25-2008
Re: Eddy Current Probes
I wouldn't select a frequency immediately.
Can you tell me if there are any markings on the probe ?

http://www.geinspectiontechnologies.com/download/products/ec/GEIT-50016EN_ec-probe-lo.pdf

Product Spotlight

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window