where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

USA Borescopes
USA Borescopes is your one stop source for all your visual inspection requirements. We offer borescopes, videoscopes, push cameras and pipe ins ...
Technical Discussions
Tom
Tom
04:42 Apr-15-2008
Eddy Current Probes

I have an old eddy current (single coil - absolute) probe that I found recently at my company. I don't have any information on the probe. I was wondering how I could find the operating frequency of this probe. What happens if I operate it at higher frequency and lower frequency?

Thanks

Alisher Tadjiev
NDT Inspector
Uzbekistan Airways Technics, Uzbekistan, Joined Mar 2005, 8

Alisher Tadjiev

NDT Inspector
Uzbekistan Airways Technics,
Uzbekistan,
Joined Mar 2005
04:37 Apr-16-2008
Re: Eddy Current Probes
Be carefull - lower frequency can burn the coil of probe
Use 2MHz as central frequency and using Sloted Standard (Hocking 29A029 for example) try to find out better response using "F" controls. In probe central frequency you will get Higher responce.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I have an old eddy current (single coil - absolute) probe that I found recently at my company. I don't have any information on the probe. I was wondering how I could find the operating frequency of this probe. What happens if I operate it at higher frequency and lower frequency?
: Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

Mick Hodgson
Mick Hodgson
03:36 Apr-25-2008
Re: Eddy Current Probes
I wouldn't select a frequency immediately.
Can you tell me if there are any markings on the probe ?

http://www.geinspectiontechnologies.com/download/products/ec/GEIT-50016EN_ec-probe-lo.pdf

Product Spotlight

On-Demand Webinar: Advanced Ultrasonic Techniques for HTHA Detection & Assessment

In the Oil and Gas industry, High Temperature Hydrogen Attack (HTHA) can occur in steels operating a
t high temperature, usually above 205°C (400°F). Early stages of HTHA are very difficult to detect. Join us for a webinar presented by Guy Maes, Zetec Sales Engineer Director. The webinar will demonstrate how advanced ultrasonic techniques are deployed for efficient and reliable HTHA inspections.
>

GEKKO, Standard and Advanced phased-array for Easier inspection

M2M Gekko® is a field-proven flaw detector offering PAUT, UT, TOFD and TFM through the streamline
d user interface Capture™. Released in 32:128, 64:64 or 64:128 channel configurations, Gekko combines high- resolution and speed while reducing inspectors’ training time.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window