where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Guided wave equipments
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

IMASONIC SAS
IMASONIC offers custom solutions for single to serial productions of ultrasonic transducers for NDT including phased array.

01:55 Apr-20-2008
mets
Guided wave equipments

Hi, please, i need information, about the equipments of ultrasonic guided wave test.
If this need special equipment or can be done whit conventional systems?
Thnx...

09:51 Apr-21-2008

Thomas Vogt

R & D, - -
Guided Ultrasonics Ltd,
United Kingdom,
Joined Apr 2007
Re: Guided wave equipments Hi,

Depends what you mean by conventional, but if you refer to standard UT systems, then yes, for industrial applications you will need special equipment.
Guided Ultrasonics Ltd is one of the major developers and manufacturers of this type of equipment. Please visit www.guided-ultrasonics.com for more info. You can also email me straight or to info@guided-ultrasonics.com for more specific information.

Tom

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi, please, i need information, about the equipments of ultrasonic guided wave test.
: If this need special equipment or can be done whit conventional systems?
: Thnx...
------------ End Original Message ------------

00:38 Apr-21-2008

Axel Lemarchand

Sales, - - -
Ultra RS,
France,
Joined Apr 2008
Re: Guided wave equipments Hello,
Could you precise your needs and so we will be able to say to you which equipment you have to use.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi, please, i need information, about the equipments of ultrasonic guided wave test.

03:02 Apr-21-2008

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Guided wave equipments ----------- Start Original Message -----------

Hi Guys,
There are two main contenders in the Guided Wave Ultrasonics field, plus one other fairly strong contender.
The two main ones are from Guided Ultrasonics Limited (GUL) and from TWI (Teletest), both from the UK. These both work on the principle of Piezo generation and reception.
The third system is from Southwest Research Institute in Texas, USA, and operates with Magnetostriction as generation and detection principle.
My own experience has been with the latter system, which seemed to achieve good sensitivities and test ranges.

Hope this helps.
Godfrey

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|