where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
Design and manufacture ultrasonic Transducers, Scanners and Custom Solutions for NDT inspections. Innovators in NDT technology

Technical Discussions
tlh
tlh
01:29 Feb-22-2000
Temperature & Rayleigh Waves

Hi,

quick question: using my private acoustics library
(not a bad one), I tried to find out how the
velocity of a Rayleigh wave in steel depends on the
temperature of the material. In general, I found
a SQRT-relationship with temperature for waves
propagating in liquids, but no rules for Rayleigh
waves and other waves in solids. Any link or
reference would be of great help. Thanks.

tlh

Edouard G. Nesvijski
R & D, Senior Scientist
TRS Technologies, USA, Joined Jan 2000, 9

Edouard G. Nesvijski

R & D, Senior Scientist
TRS Technologies,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
07:13 Feb-23-2000
Re: Temperature & Rayleigh Waves
of temperature effect on Rayleigh type waves: make some experimental estimation of temperature effect on longitudinal and shear waves, estimate a temperature effect on Poisson ratio for a given metal, and calculate the Rayleigh equation taking the result of temperature effect on Poisson ratio. Of course, it is necessary to compare these calculations with experimental data. But I would like to notice that this is not purely Rayleigh wave problem. Probably there are other types of surface waves. If you prove them you can call them "tlh waves".

Sincerely,
Edouard G. Nesvijski

Product Spotlight

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

Exertus Dual 120

The Exertus Dual 120 Projector has the ability to accept Iridium 192 sources or Selenium 75 source
s. This projector incorporates design and safety features that make it flexible, compact and lightweight. The Projector is lighter than most of its competitors. It incorporates an improved source channel, based on a new helicoidal design, which makes maintenance easier. The helicoidal design also allows smoother movement of the source assembly inside the device, making it easier for the operator and improving safety. The Projector also has a unique safety feature not found in competitive products. The source assembly locking mechanism is triggered by the source holder capsule at the front of the source assembly, thereby always assuring the operator that the source has returned to the safe position. The Exertus Dual 120 is ISO3999:2004 compliant.
>

I&T Nardoni

NDT, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF NEW METHODOLOGY, TRAINING CENTER I&T NARDON INSTITUTE was idiated
in 1988 by Giuseppe Nardoni, now president and owner of the company, based on his multi-annual and international experience in the field of NDT.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window