where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
diego
diego
08:05 May-09-2008
hydrophilic remover

hi, I just want to ask regarding the effectiveness of hydrophilic remover, according to military manual once that the part after you remove from hydrophilc remover the emulsification stop but the level 3 said once you remove the part from hydrophilic remover the action never stop, the hydrophilic remover action is dillution not diffusion like lipophilic emusifier, which one is correct?
tnx!

theo micottis
theo micottis
08:55 May-09-2008
Re: hydrophilic remover
Hi Diego, I think hydrophilic remover is less hazardous than lipophilic remover.Its remover action is not diluition, it contains surface-active agents so it works by interface contact.The application time is less critical because it removes only excess of penetrant, it doesn't seep into the crack.The washable penetrant will be only excess of penetrant.
YOURS SINCERELY

DJ Kallhof
DJ Kallhof
05:21 May-10-2008
Whether you are using a 5% spray or a 20% dip application, once the intended dilution of the emulsifier has been diluted further by spraying or dipping with fresh water, the emulsification process has been rendered ineffective.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: hi, I just want to ask regarding the effectiveness of hydrophilic remover, according to military manual once that the part after you remove from hydrophilc remover the emulsification stop but the level 3 said once you remove the part from hydrophilic remover the action never stop, the hydrophilic remover action is dillution not diffusion like lipophilic emusifier, which one is correct?
: tnx!
------------ End Original Message ------------

DJ Kallhof
DJ Kallhof
06:25 May-10-2008
Emulsification time for a specific piece must be established by experimentation. If emulsification time is excessive, penetrant WILL be removed from flaws, making detection impossible. These are excerps from the Metals Handbook, ninth edition. I would suggest, anyone who feels emulsification time is anything less then the most critical time in the post emulsified inspection process, go back to the books. Have a nice day.
: Hi Diego, I think hydrophilic remover is less hazardous than lipophilic remover.Its remover action is not diluition, it contains surface-active agents so it works by interface contact.The application time is less critical because it removes only excess of penetrant, it doesn't seep into the crack.The washable penetrant will be only excess of penetrant.
: YOURS SINCERELY

diego
diego
06:31 May-30-2008
yes I know, my question is if you removed the part from the emulsifier tank according to military manual the emulsification actions could stop, but other said even though you remove it from the emulsifier tank the emulsification action still working, which one is correct?
according to theory hydrophilic remover is not miscible to the oil unlike lipophilic the mode of action are dilution and drain, how about for the hydrophilic remover the action is detergent action.

: Emulsification time for a specific piece must be established by experimentation. If emulsification time is excessive, penetrant WILL be removed from flaws, making detection impossible. These are excerps from the Metals Handbook, ninth edition. I would suggest, anyone who feels emulsification time is anything less then the most critical time in the post emulsified inspection process, go back to the books. Have a nice day.
: : Hi Diego, I think hydrophilic remover is less hazardous than lipophilic remover.Its remover action is not diluition, it contains surface-active agents so it works by interface contact.The application time is less critical because it removes only excess of penetrant, it doesn't seep into the crack.The washable penetrant will be only excess of penetrant.
: : YOURS SINCERELY

Product Spotlight

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window