where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
NDE selection
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

01:35 May-10-2008
Marco
NDE selection

Hi, I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me to a good reference in terms of selection of a particular NDE method...

what do you use for fasteners?
what do you use for composite panels?
etc etc

either a book or a mil spec for nde selection criteria would be perfect
thanks

marco

00:24 May-11-2008

MIchel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
Re: NDE selection ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi, I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me to a good reference in terms of selection of a particular NDE method...
: what do you use for fasteners?
: what do you use for composite panels?
: etc etc
: either a book or a mil spec for nde selection criteria would be perfect
: thanks
: marco
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi Marco,

I'm sorry, but I don't think that such book exist. You have many variables and you are not saying what you are looking for. There is numerous Codes and Specifications which will guide you toward a specific inspection and even then, you may inspect the part using various method.

The only book that come to mind is one that would give you an overview of what NDT is all about and what are the limitation of each method. One of these books is the Metals Handbook Desk Edition from the American Society of Material and there are many others.

The best thing is to contact a reputable NDT Service company in your area, explain your situation and see what they suggest. You know there is more than one way to skin a cat!!!

Cheerios,
Michel

06:48 May-30-2008
rey
Re: NDE selection hi Marco,

The only thing you must do is the experience in NDT, How many method you do in NDT, there is no specific books that will tell you what kind of method you must use in kind of inspection like what you said. Study more in NDT, goodluck!

---------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi, I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me to a good reference in terms of selection of a particular NDE method...
: what do you use for fasteners?
: what do you use for composite panels?
: etc etc
: either a book or a mil spec for nde selection criteria would be perfect
: thanks
: marco

08:18 Jun-02-2008
wolfgang Bisle
Re: NDE selection Lookinto the ASNT NDT handbooks!

07:25 Jun-06-2008

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: NDE selection ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Hi, I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me to a good reference in terms of selection of a particular NDE method...
: : what do you use for fasteners?
: : what do you use for composite panels?
: : etc etc
: : either a book or a mil spec for nde selection criteria would be perfect
: : thanks
: : marco
:
: Hi Marco,
: I'm sorry, but I don't think that such book exist. You have many variables and you are not saying what you are looking for. There is numerous Codes and Specifications which will guide you toward a specific inspection and even then, you may inspect the part using various method.
: The only book that come to mind is one that would give you an overview of what NDT is all about and what are the limitation of each method. One of these books is the Metals Handbook Desk Edition from the American Society of Material and there are many others.
: The best thing is to contact a reputable NDT Service company in your area, explain your situation and see what they suggest. You know there is more than one way to skin a cat!!!
: Cheerios,
: Michel

Dear Marco,

I agree with Michel and will be happy to help you to the extent possible. Pl. contact me off-line.

Swamy

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|